New DVDs???

Started by Keener, September 10, 2003, 07:33:57 PM

modage

i think i'm waiting on both till xmas since i already have the previous releases.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Oompa-Loompa, Doom-Pa-Dee-Dee,
Kubrick has just been shipped off to me!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: modage on October 30, 2007, 03:27:05 PM
i think i'm waiting on both till xmas since i already have the previous releases.

There's no reason for me to get Twin Peaks because it will take a while thoroughly enjoy the Kubrick set, but the deal maker inside of me thinks I must get it while it is on opening week sale. I don't know if I see the TP set being offered on sale again months from now. Current or fairly recent TV shows/releases will be on sale a lot of the time a few months later, but I don't know if TP is one that would be.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

edison

Quote from: bigideas on October 30, 2007, 07:41:49 PM
Quote from: modage on October 30, 2007, 03:27:05 PM

There's no reason for me to get Twin Peaks because it will take a while thoroughly enjoy the Kubrick set, but the deal maker inside of me thinks I must get it while it is on opening week sale. I don't know if I see the TP set being offered on sale again months from now. Current or fairly recent TV shows/releases will be on sale a lot of the time a few months later, but I don't know if TP is one that would be.

Three words:
Deep Discount Sale

Three more words:
Middle of November

tpfkabi

Quote from: edison on October 30, 2007, 09:17:55 PM
Three words:
Deep Discount Sale

Three more words:
Middle of November

is that when? there's also one June time i think - always around my birthday so i feel more reason to splurge.

grand theft sparrow

Got mine yesterday!  I never bought or saw either of the old releases of The Shining on DVD, so the picture and especially the sound quality was pretty astounding to me.  I look forward to buying them all over again when I finally get an HDTV and HD-DVD player.

Pubrick

Quote from: IN SPAR_ROWS on October 31, 2007, 08:46:48 AM
Got mine yesterday!  I never bought or saw either of the old releases of The Shining on DVD

so you've never seen vivian's making of doco or heard her commentary?

if i wasn't busy watching tom cruise on leno i would berate the shi--- omg the hair..

EDIT: ok he's done. where was i.. oh yeah, watch that shit man! i can't believe there's ppl who havn't seen things that i've seen a million times. no wonder some on this thread are still bringing up EWS cuts and widescreen issues.
under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

You know, I did see the Viv doc when I used to live with a friend of mine who had the first remastered box but that was so long ago, it's as if I never saw it.  And now you know my secret shame.   :oops:

Ravi

Mine hasn't shipped yet.  I called them today and they said it would ship today or tomorrow.  It had fucking better.

john

Just arrived.

Along with both TWBB posters I got for a steal on ebay, so today is a pretty good day.

EDIT: I know it's been mentioned but... what the fuck is going on with these covers? Goddammit.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

B.C. Long

Yeah they look like covers for Nintendo games.

tpfkabi

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: B.C. Long on October 31, 2007, 02:05:47 PM
Yeah they look like covers for Nintendo games.
Nintendo covers everywhere hate you right now. Honestly, Nintendo covers aren't as bad as these. My 2001 cover is just a big red circle in the middle.

Ravi

Yay, mine has shipped!

MacGuffin

Mmmmmm... Mine smells like it was freshly baked out of Kubrick's 1.85:1 oven.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks