animal collective

Started by JG, July 05, 2007, 09:06:49 AM

JG

animal collective - strawberry jam (can't find the proper album art)

only a couple listens in, this is incredible. 

Stefen

I can't wait to hear Strawberry Jam. It was a pleasant surprise for my oink ratio.

I gotta wait till Tomorrow to hear it since NM is comletely dry till Friday. I can't listen to it for the first time without a little smokey smokey.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

I still haven't heard it. God, I hope it's great. I'm waiting for the perfect moment.

I hope you dickheads don't treat it like we treat every album, first listen is the greatest album ever, then we forget about it the second something else leaks.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: JG on July 05, 2007, 09:06:49 AM

animal collective - strawberry jam (can't find the proper album art)

The album art is not out yet...just some stupid picture of strawberry jam...mmmm

Stefen

Every single thing I ever uploaded ended up getting nuked. I mean, I would follow the rules to a T.

I ended up just giving up like everything else I do.

Stefen

This album = the 00's version of Floyd's "03" Dark Side Of The Moon.

The greatest albums always wait to come out towards the end of the decade.

Name a good album from the beginning of the decade? Now name great alums from the last 3 years of a decade.

context, context, context.

Stefen

I haven't heard it yet.

I'm just going by what other people have said.

I'm still dry.

I Love a Magician

Quote from: Stefen on July 08, 2007, 02:47:58 AM
The greatest albums always wait to come out towards the end of the decade.

Name a good album from the beginning of the decade? Now name great alums from the last 3 years of a decade.

this is some retarded shit

anyway:

songs: ohia - didn't it rain ('02)
mclusky - mclusky do dallas ('02)
ryan adams - heartbreaker ('00)

Stefen

B.C. Long

Quote from: Stefen on July 08, 2007, 02:47:58 AM

Radiohead - "Kid A" (2000)
Sigur Rós - "Ágætis Byrjun" (2001)
Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" (2002)
Sigur Rós - "()" (2002)
Radiohead - "Hail to the Theif" (2003)
Four Tet - "Rounds" (2003)
Tom Waits - "Real Gone" (2004)
Nick Cave - "Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus" (2004)
Arcade Fire - "Funeral" (2004)
Animal Collective - "Sun Tongs" (2004)

Quote from: Stefen on July 11, 2007, 01:15:04 PM
bEST ALBUM OF THE LAST 10 YEARS?

Yup.

Stefen

I should have said "classic" albums.

Not your favorite albums.

I'm talking the Ok Computers, the Dark Side Of The Moons, Pauls Boutiques, Joshua Trees, The Ramones.

Have you heard anything pre 2000? I bet you don't even understand the significance of the year 1999 on this board.

B.C. Long

What's the difference? "Classic" or "favorite" it's still just an opinion. I consider those albums to be "Classic". What's you're definition of classic, anyways?

Quote from: Stefen on July 19, 2007, 10:25:59 AM
Have you heard anything pre 2000?

Yup. But your original question was "classic" albums that were released in the beginning of THIS decade.

If you'd like a list. I'll provide one of other decades

Quote from: Stefen on July 19, 2007, 10:25:59 AM
I bet you don't even understand the significance of the year 1999 on this board.

Please teach me oh enlightened one because I wasn't here in 1999. So no shit I wouldn't understand this "significance" as you call it.

Stefen

Favorite albums are personal preference.

Classic albums are albums that are just as they say, classic on a universal level and aern't debateable. They are just classic.

Some of your albums suck, that's how they aern't classic albums.

And it's Sung Tongs.

Don't worry about 1999. You're not in the club.

B.C. Long

Quote from: Stefen on July 19, 2007, 01:35:14 PM
Classic albums are albums that are just as they say, classic on a universal level and aern't debateable.

Anything that isn't a fact is debatable. Not everyone likes Pink Floyd, Ramones, Radiohead. Classic is relative. You're stating opinion. Opinion is debatable. Learn the difference.