Essential 80's songs

Started by Ernie, April 07, 2003, 03:09:04 PM

godardian

I was off on a tangent. Don't even try goin' after my Smiths!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardianDon't even try goin' after my Smiths!

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=960
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

neatahwanta

Quote from: European SonAppetite For Destruction totally bailed out the 80s.

:idea:

godardian

Thanks... I scurried over there and posted directly.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

The Silver Bullet

This post will probably not add a whole lot, but I love really bad music, and right now Sheena Easton with Morning Train from 1981 is so high up my list of most beloved bad songs that I will be singing it for at least the next six months.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

MacGuffin

Singer Marc Almond critically injured in bike crash

LONDON, (AFP) - Pop singer Marc Almond, best known for the song "Tainted Love", a global hit for his band Soft Cell in 1981, has been critically injured in a motorbike crash.

Almond, 48, was riding as pillion passenger on the bike when it was involved in an accident with a car on Sunday afternoon in London's financial district.

Almond suffered severe head injuries and motorbike driver was also badly hurt, police said.

"Both the motorcycle rider and the pillion passenger are in hospital. The rider has severe injuries and the pillion passenger is critical," a spokesman for City of London police said.

"City of London Police are investigating the collision. We can confirm that one of the parties was Soft Cell's Marc Almond," he added.

"Tainted Love", a cover version of a 1964 song by soul singer Gloria Jones, was the biggest hit for synthesiser duo Soft Cell, becoming the top selling single of 1981 in Britain, also remaining an astonishing 43 weeks in the US pop charts.

In recent years, Almond has mainly recorded as a solo artist, attracting a smaller but loyal following
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Vile5

how i never saw this 80's stuff?! i loved 80's

it's so sad what Marc Almond is going through, Tainted Love is an excellent song...

Quote from: MacGuffinC'est La Vie - Robbie Nevil
god! i'm looking for that song looooong ago and i can't find the fucking album,  :(  guess i have to buy it by Amazonexpensive.com  :cry:

some of my songs

Kissing a fool- George Michael (my old favorite)
Father figure- George Michael
The Sweetest Taboo- Sade
Paradise-Sade
Easy- Lionel Richie
Sowing The Seeds of Love- Tears for fears
Woman in Chains- Tears for fears
Avalon- Roxy Music
To Turn you on- Roxy Music
More than this- Roxy Music
Slave to love- Bryan Ferry
Windswept- Bryan Ferry
Where the Streets Have no Name- U2