The Sopranos

Started by SoNowThen, November 19, 2003, 02:34:59 PM

cine

vito was always the asshole picking on finn (didnt help that finn caught him blowing somebody in a truck).. waddled around like an idiot (i wonder why).. god, the guy was such a fuckin loser. it was like he made so much dough, he could afford to be whatever he wanted to be and didnt care to help anyone else or let anyone else know anything. before this sympathy season, he was the one guy that i found to be just plain scum.. and no matter what, i wanted that asshole dead. he got what he had coming to him for being such a bastard in the past.

©brad

so, the finale was okay. liked tony's talk to phil in the hospital. there were some damn funny lines, especially:

Phil: As coincidence would have it, Fat Dom was last seen in New Jersey.
Tony: So was the Hindenberg. Maybe you want to look into that too.

the uncle junior scene was hysterical as well.

but the episode as a whole seemed sloppy and lazy. so many quick cuts and scenes that ended too abruptly. and the whole christopher/jullianna relapsing storyline i really could care less about (been there done that).

on a sidenote, i'm inclined to think that one of these new broads (christopher's wife, aj's chica nueva) is another fed.

Fernando

Quote from: ©brad on June 05, 2006, 01:16:52 PM
so, the finale was okay. liked tony's talk to phil in the hospital. there were some damn funny lines, especially:

Phil: As coincidence would have it, Fat Dom was last seen in New Jersey.
Tony: So was the Hindenberg. Maybe you want to look into that too.

the uncle junior scene was hysterical as well.

Boy were they hilarious! Another was at the end when Tony says something about the ice to Christopher, can't remember exactly what he said.  :doh:

I agree about that talk in the hospital, that and the fed giving tony that tip about the brooklyn guys.

I thought they were going to end it with some shocking thing, but still it was good, sloppy at times as you say but good.

on a sidenote, i'm inclined to think that one of these new broads (christopher's wife, aj's chica nueva) is another fed.

:ponder:

Edit: I'm done pondering, my thoughts on this.

Chris wife. Let alone that the girl slept with this guy, she even is having a baby and just married this prick, so she can't be a fed.

AJ's girl. Isn't she too young to be a fed? Also, she right away slept with the boss son and has kid, who would risk her kid? So even though this isn't as unlikey as Chris' wife, I don't think she's a fed.

Now, will they in the future be working with the feds just like Ade? Maybe.

OT comments but i wont start a topic about it...

So, did any of you watch BIG LOVE?

I saw every episode and I think the series has great potential, while it began a little slow I think almost all episodes were worth watching, I hope they greenlight a second season, it's a good replacement of 6FU and with many familiar faces and great acting.

And obviously this did end with a cliffhanger, I think some ppl here would really like this one so steal it if bored.

cine

so, the finale was okay. liked tony's talk to phil in the hospital.

yeah, i loved the season coming full circle. good stuff. can't wait for everyone to die in 2007's final eight.

MacGuffin

The final season of The Sopranos (i.e., eight episodes) has been bumped from January to early March '07 because of a knee operation that James Gandolfini will have sometime soon. The surgery alone would have delayed the season only three or four weeks "but that would have put The Sopranos up against the football playoffs and the Super Bowl," according to HBO honcho Chris Albrecht. The knee procedure is necessary because Gandolfini was recently knocked off his scooter in Manhattan collision with a taxi. 

"I know you're all hoping that [more than one or two Sopranos characters will] die," Albrecht told the Television Critics Association in Pasadena on Wednesday, but he gave assurances that viewers won't be disappointed in this regard. "I know the story lines for the final eight, and I am absolutely positively certain that when the curtain comes down on [the final Sopranos], the vast, vast, vast majority of people will say it's one of the great things of all time."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I just got ALL the seasons on DVD and I'm watching this great show from the start.

I did watch some episodes along the way, but never really followed the story and the characters properly. The good news is that, I almost dont remember much of what I saw, so its like watching everything for the first time.

I'm already in Season 2 and I love it. Hope I finish watching all the seasons by the time the final one starts in April.

Kal

Just finished watching the last episode... very sad cause I fucking watched 8 years of a show in 3 months, but it was worth every second of my late nights. I cant wait until the premiere of the next episodes in a week!!

Easy one of the best shows of all time... and its interesting how awesome the continuity is and how everything makes sense throught out the 6 seasons. Even watching it all together you dont see any holes, and you see the evolution of the characters which is better probably than any show i can think of right now (for sure much better than 24 for example).

Fernando

Minor Spoilers

Is anyone watching?

Wtf is with Tony going crazy? Even in his not so even temper I always thought he was a guy who thought before doing something dumb, now he makes huge gambles, wanted to kill Pauly, hates tesh, distrusts Christopher and so on.

Some wtf moments:

- A darky Vito Jr. shitting in the showers.
- Tony and Bobby's fight, although who didn't see that coming seeing how drunk they were.
- Hilarious how Geraldo, Sidney Pollack, Daniel Baldwin and Christopher McDonald were all in the same episode.

My guess now is either Phill will rain a shitstorm in jersey or the feds finally get T (maybe both).

i thought they had fucking left the vito thing alone but there they go and make another episode out of it. embarassing . the rest of the season is okay. i wanna see more a.j. in this season. that breakup scene with Blanca was beautiful.
context, context, context.

©brad

tonight kicked ass. yes i would agree, despite many nice moments the first few episodes of this season were kind of meh, but tonight we got back on track. and terrence winter as writer and director? nice.

Kal

i was pissed on how little we were getting from christopher... so im very happy about tonight. everybody got some action, except leotardo who i fucking hate so it was great.

Kal

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody seen tonights episode?????

diggler

wow

totally speechless. i'll think about it some more, but i've gotta say that was one of the most haunting episodes of television i've seen. (cue haters, but you can't deny you didn't see that coming)
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

bonanzataz

i mean, it was fantastic, i love this season to death, and i kinda get it, but...
why?
i don't really know why tony did that. i'm sad.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Kal

SPOILERS

all i could think since the last season started was that it would be one or the other... i knew tony would do him or be done by him... but i didnt expect it until the final episode.

im also sad cause of how unexpected it was at the moment it happened and how it happened, but thats the best thing of the sopranos. think about ralphie's death or ritchie aprille... u would never expect it.

the whole episode was amazing with the peyote and all... im loving the season but i cant fucking believe it will be over in a few more episodes.