Pulp Ficion knockoff?

Started by prophet, October 19, 2003, 12:07:35 PM

prophet

I think this is a bad attempt.

2 Days in the Valley
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Alethia

MacGuffin

"Resevoir Dogs" is a knockoff of "City On Fire".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

have you seen city on fire? is it that much of a rip off?

Alethia

i've actually seen in a book, they have several still frames from city on fire, and they compare them to some still frames of reservoir dogs, and yes, they do look quite ripped off.  but tarantino never denies this either.

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Gamblour.

Quote from: ewardGO.

Holy shit, Go is such a ripoff. I love Liman but geez.

And I'll say Rules of Attraction, simply because the movie gained nothing by going backwards. It added nothing to the story. Maybe this is more of a rip off of Memento, but since Avary is attached, I'll say Pulp Fiction.
WWPTAD?

ono

I really don't see how Go rips off Pulp Fiction except for the structure.  And, I like Go, too.  *shrug*

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cecilhave you seen city on fire? is it that much of a rip off?

Yes and yes. Here's the plot summary from IMDB:

Chow Yun Fat plays an under cover cop who infiltrates a gang of jewel thieves. He is envolved in a heist that goes wrong when the cops turn up and bullets begin to fly. Our hero is shot in the gut and everyone who is still alive return to a dissused warehouse and then proced to accuse everyone else and point their guns at each other. Several scenes and sections of dialogue, not to mention the plot, have been lifted wholesale by Quentin Tarantino for his film "Reservoir Dogs"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

Gamblour.

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI really don't see how Go rips off Pulp Fiction except for the structure.  And, I like Go, too.  *shrug*

I think I watched Go right after I watched Pulp Fiction, and I dunno, you could just sort of feel the ripping-off-ness. I remember just naming them off as the movie went along. I've forgotten most of them, but I don't wanna sit through Go again to list any of them.
WWPTAD?

bonanzataz

The Collectors starring casper van dien. it was pathetic. i watched it one night and it made me want to cry it was so bad. i kept thinking to myself, what if i make a movie like this, or want to make a movie like this, and think that it's really good? wouldn't that be pathetic? does that make sense?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Alethia

Quote from: Gamblor
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI really don't see how Go rips off Pulp Fiction except for the structure.  And, I like Go, too.  *shrug*

I think I watched Go right after I watched Pulp Fiction, and I dunno, you could just sort of feel the ripping-off-ness. I remember just naming them off as the movie went along. I've forgotten most of them, but I don't wanna sit through Go again to list any of them.

oh the writing is so wanna-be QT.  i can't really describe it.  just watch and listen i guess.  not to say it's bad tho, i think GO is the best of the post-pulp tarantino wanna be's, i actually quite enjoy it.  i dont admire it at all, but it's nice to have on in the background when you're hanging with friends or whatever.

Pozer

Boondock Saints
and I'll never understand why so many people I know liked this movie a lot