"Alright"

Started by Banky, October 07, 2003, 07:28:05 PM

Banky

QT loves this word.  Im watching the Charlie Rose interview on the Pulp DVD.

picolas

hehe. yeeeah. good word, though. totally makes 'Hey Ya.'

Ravi

My high school government teacher said that a lot.  I didn't notice it until my friend pointed it out to me, and it drove me crazy.

ono

I just used to just say "just" a lot.  My best friend ostensibly likes to overuse the word "ostensibly," ostensibly.  And as for my media criticism teacher's impetus for overusing the word "impetus," well your guess is as good as mine.

ElPandaRoyal

Isn't "you know" the most used words in spoken English?
Si

Alethia

SHAFTR

Quote from: ewardi think "like" is

Christ, today in one of my classes, this girl was talking about Rocco and His Brothers and she kept saying "like" every 3 words.  It isn't noticeable unless you listen for it and it drives me absolutely insane.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

***beady***

No, "you know" isn't the most common word anymore. I think "bruv", or "mate" is. Also, "like" has leaked over to the uk now. Thanks...ha ha

ElPandaRoyal

Lol.... completely forgot about "like". The first time I really noticed how people use that word a lot was by listening to Heather Graham in the Boogie Nights commentary. She uses it a lot.

Also, I'm sorry, I'm portuguese so I'll have to ask..... what the hell is "bruv"?  :?
Si

Alethia

yeah, im american so i have to ask what "bruv" is too

MacGuffin

Alright, like, it means, like, brotha or, like, bro, you know?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

Oh... now I know. Thanks 8)  bruv
Si

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Finn

Quentin is like Al Pacino. With Quentin it's "Alright" and with Pacino it's "Whoah!!!".
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Keener

Whenever I do a Tarantino impersonation (not as much as you'd think, mes swears!) I also make sure to exagerate the "alrights" and "okays?". It's a great trademark.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama