Haha!

Started by ShanghaiOrange, January 21, 2004, 09:48:34 PM

ShanghaiOrange

I don't know where to put this but...

Right now there are three movies coming out that are about the presedent's daughter: two romantic comedys (Chasing Liberty, First Daughter) and a thriller which I don't remember the name of.

Also, Eternal Sunshine and 50 First Dates are both romantic comedys about memory loss.

Saying "Hollywood is derivative or repetitive" is hardly an original observation, but I still think it's funny.

Also, Lord of the Rings ripped off most of it's plot from Cheaper by the Dozen.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ShanghaiOrange

CLASSIC... 8)

Pubrick

saying Eternal Sunshine and 50 First Dates are anything like each other is like saying Back to the Future and Timeline are comparable. one knows what it's doing, and the other doesn't.
under the paving stones.

modage

some of the best cases of this in recent years to my memory were

-Dantes Peak & Volcano
-Armageddon & Deep Impact
-A Bugs Life & Antz
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

slice

you know shanghai it's strange you should mention that because i was listened to the radio today and i noticed that one song used the same note another song did...in my opinion musicians today are using the note G to the point of excess...i have even heard songs where the instrument produces the same note repeatedly and i feel these recurrances are unoriginal and uncalled for.

just goes to show you the sad state of music these days

Quote from: sliceyou know shanghai it's strange you should mention that because i was listened to the radio today and i noticed that one song used the same note another song did...in my opinion musicians today are using the note G to the point of excess...i have even heard songs where the instrument produces the same note repeatedly and i feel these recurrances are unoriginal and uncalled for.

just goes to show you the sad state of music these days

:lol:    YEAH, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT.  btw, you use a lot of vowels in your writting . try stopping that.

sarcasm aside,   i don't think holywood is going that bad....  the thing with  bad movies is  that you have to develop a shit detector...  Hemingway said that... bye
context, context, context.

Myxo

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeI don't know where to put this but...

Right now there are three movies coming out that are about the presedent's daughter: two romantic comedys (Chasing Liberty, First Daughter) and a thriller which I don't remember the name of.

Also, Eternal Sunshine and 50 First Dates are both romantic comedys about memory loss.

Saying "Hollywood is derivative or repetitive" is hardly an original observation, but I still think it's funny.

How about these?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346491/

and

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327405/