The New Format - SECOND ACCOUNTS STILL NOT ALLOWED

Started by MacGuffin, February 09, 2004, 04:52:21 PM

©brad

nah, dude, they totally work, especially in congruent w/ this new crispy cool format. think modern, hip, new wave- that's the look we're going for.

geez, talk about a tough crowd.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Duck Saucethey look REALLY REALLY good, but i dont know if they match well with the rest of the site
We're going to try to make the border blue... I think that will make all the difference.

NEON MERCURY

....i like the banners but....the only thing is that the other banner w/ the   marque looking banner that i am assuming says ...."xixax....for those who like...."...but i cannot tell exactly b/c it is cut in half....maybe i have a cheap  computer....and i  have to deal  with it......like ole blue eyes says..."thats life".....but otherwise everything looks great.....

Xixax

It's 800x600 width. If you're running at 640x480, then yeah, you'll have to do some left-right scrolling.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: XixaxIt's 800x600 width. If you're running at 640x480, then yeah, you'll have to do some left-right scrolling.

I'm S.O.L.  b/c there is no slider to move left-right.at the bottom of my broswer....just up/down....

ono

Here's a suggestion: have the names of the films in question on the marquee on the right.  What you do is put XIXAX.COM (MMIV) all on the second line, then you can usually squeeze the title in on the top.  Also, what'cha think about changing "those who make movies" to "filmmakers."  Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?  Unless, of course, you're trying to include people like cinematographers, and editors, and all that jazz.

Oh, and the whole old-timey movie theatre feel at the top is inspired.  Nice job.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaHere's a suggestion: have the names of the films in question on the marquee on the right.  What you do is put XIXAX.COM (MMIV) all on the second line, then you can usually squeeze the title in on the top.  Also, what'cha think about changing "those who make movies" to "filmmakers."  Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?  Unless, of course, you're trying to include people like cinematographers, and editors, and all that jazz.
The text is temporary and can be changed or rotated. The caps on the left will be rotated. But they can't be rotated together. It'll work... you'll see.

Xixax

Also (and I forgot to mention this to the other admins), we should start a new naming convention on the caps. The actual filename of the screen cap should be the title of the movie. The end user won't be able to tell the filename because of the rotation code that drives them, but we as admins will know. Maybe someone can start a new thread with direct links or something (likewe did before).

God knows I couldn't name half of the popcorn banner ones because they were never identified.

If you would like to make your own caps and submit them for immediate rotation, you can download the caps template here:

http://xixax.com/files/caps.zip

If you want to place something in the right hand side of the marquee, the template for that can be found here:

http://xixax.com/files/marquee.zip

Check with one of the other admins (not me) on how to deliver your caps so they can upload them.

We had over 500 popcorn banners before. Let's rebuild!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

ono

Yes, rebuilding is good, but let's try to keep it to the most seminal, iconic, archetypal shots.  Quality over quantity and stuff.

picolas

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaYes, rebuilding is good, but let's try to keep it to the most seminal, iconic, archetypal shots.  Quality over quantity and stuff.
yeah. really. if it looks like shot, don't post it. and don't be afraid to use posters. those make for the best ones.

Pubrick

no i liked the extreme variety we had. if we just exclude shit movies we'll be fine. and by shit movies i mean like The Hole witch we had a lot from just for Thora.

i think the new design is brilliant, and kicks the ass of the old one. don't feel that u hav to find fault with everything just because u can.. it's ok to like things sumtimes. especially when they are awesome.

doesn't the overhang just blow ur mind?!!!!!
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: ©bradgeez, talk about a tough crowd.
it's just duck sauce's spoilt rotten ass talkin' there.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: m©gwai

beats mogwais low standards and poor hygiene

now, dont ever talk about me again

EDIT: Bitch!

mogwai

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: m©gwai

beats mogwais low standards and poor hygiene

now, dont ever talk about me again

EDIT: Bitch!
why

have you

no sense of humor??

edit: rhino!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$