Benicio Del Toro

Started by Subotai, April 30, 2003, 12:15:40 AM

NEON MERCURY

house of the dead

and...

the fighting temptations.....

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardwhat were those?

One was about "Angels," but the film was pure hell. The other was about 'catching' 'dreams' but it was a nightmare to sit through.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ewardwhat were those?

One was about "Angels," but the film was pure hell. The other was about 'catching' 'dreams' but it was a nightmare to sit through.

ahhhh....charlie's angels part deux....and dreamcatcher....yep those sure are some sh*tty films........but least DC has a cool dvd cover....

and in a FHM sort of way..... i guess so does CA:2

meatball

I've always appreciated this guy's work, but then he does stuff like Way of the Gun and the Hunted and I doubt my appreciation. 21 Grams, I'm going to have to watch it again. So far, my favorite performance of his remains in Traffic.

molly

WRITERS WRITE FILMs, directors direct them, and actors just play the role. Stupid sentences are written and actors can't do much about that. Or i misunderstood sth?

Chest Rockwell

I liked Way of the Gun. It's good he was able to come back from The Hunted with 21 Grams, though.

meatball

Bumping this up next to the Scarlett thread.

cine

Quote from: meatballBumping this up next to the Scarlett thread.
So the same topic can be discussed in two threads?

meatball

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: meatballBumping this up next to the Scarlett thread.
So the same topic can be discussed in two threads?

Nah. They just look good together.

MacGuffin

Benicio Del Toro is Feeling a Bit Blu
Source: Variety

Benicio Del Toro is set to star alongside Denzel Washington in the Antoine Fuqua-directed Tru Blu, produced by Brian Grazer for Imagine Entertainment and Universal. Steve Zaillian's script is a fact-based drama about how a lawman brought down the biggest drug kingpin in Harlem in the 1970s.

Del Toro will play Detective Richie Roberts, who was matched against Frank Lucas, the mastermind of a major heroin scheme in which the drug was smuggled into the U.S. in the caskets of soldiers killed in Vietnam.

Production will begin in early fall, and the studio has set a release date of June 3, 2005.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Benicio Del Toro In Talks for 'Lunar Park' — To Play Bret Easton Ellis?
Source: MTV

Bret Easton Ellis is the Los Angeles-born, well-educated, bestselling novelist behind such classics as "Less Than Zero" and "American Psycho." Now, his 2005 book "Lunar Park" is being made into a feature film with an unusual A-list casting in the works; and the strangest part is that it isn't even the weirdest role the actor has landed in the last month.

"'Lunar Park' is in some state of pre-production. This is a very funny town," chuckled Easton Ellis when we spoke with him recently. "Oddly enough, Benicio Del Toro I think is going to do it."

The casting of Del Toro is sure to raise some eyebrows because the main character in Bret Easton Ellis' novel is...Bret Easton Ellis. "Lunar Park" is a semi-autobiographical tale that details the early fame he received when his literary career took off in the Eighties, then blurs it with such fictional details as terrorist attacks, ghost hauntings, and a marriage to an actress.

"Benicio would actually be playing Bret Easton Ellis," the author said of his new, unlikely doppelganger. "It's a strange bit of casting."

According to Easton Ellis, it was their physical differences that attracted the "Traffic" star to the role. "I think he's interested just because he's rarely offered Anglo parts. I think that's one of the reasons it was very exciting [to him]," explained the writer, whose latest novel-turned-movie, "The Informers," is in theaters now.

"I don't even think he read the book; I just think he read the script and said 'Oh, this is an Anglo writer and you're not casting a white dude? You've come to me?' And I think that rarely happens for him. I think he's offered a lot of Spanish characters and ethnic types, and I think it's very rare for him to get offered Anglo parts."

Easton Ellis, who recently revealed a desire to turn his upcoming "Less Than Zero" sequel into a movie, said that he's keeping a close eye on the "Lunar" flick's development.

Adding that "there is not a director" yet on the film, Easton Ellis was amused at the possibility that del Toro may bring his Oscar-winning talents to the "Lunar Park" and "Three Stooges" movies back-to-back.

"I wonder which one will be funnier?" he laughed.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Thats an extremely strange idea....could work....maybe.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

john

It would be nice if it works.

I don't see what the fuck is so hard hard about bringing Ellis' novels to screen, but nobody seems to have done a credible job so far.

I'm not sure if it will help or hurt that Lunar Park is a bit of a mess to begin with.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: john on April 30, 2009, 01:30:25 AM
I don't see what the fuck is so hard hard about bringing Ellis' novels to screen, but nobody seems to have done a credible job so far.