Favorite War Films

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 15, 2003, 11:24:04 PM

NEON MERCURY

Please tell me your top 3 favorite war films -thank you

Here are mine:

1-The Thin Red Line(T.M.)-This film never gets old to me even though it  is rather a long film-the acting...superb, the cinematography...jaw-droppingly beautiful, the score...erie(in a sobering way)-this is one damn beautiful and under-Rated masterpiece(imo)it is full of A-listers that all pull their weight(even if some have minimal screen time)I love the way this film flows it is such a beautiful nightmare.  Sinece this is my fav. war film i could go own but i will not  :yabbse-lipsrsealed:.

Best moment:all of the flas-backs w/Ben C. and his wife.(very moving)

2.Apocalypse Now REDUX(F.F.C.)-Man what an extra 30 or so mins can do for a film there is nothing more really to say that hasn't been said already -almost edges out T.T.R.L.                                                                        

Best Monent(S)-every scene w/Brando

3. Full Metal Jacket(S.K.)-I loved the "boot camp" part of the film but i though afterwards it fell short alittle.  But on the whole still a great film.

best moment:  "boot camp"

Cecil

platoon
full metal jacket
apocalypse now

other greats are: born on the 4th of july, hamburger hill, and starship troopers

Duck Sauce

Full Metal Jacket

Platoon

Saving Private Ryan

HM:
Three Kings
Apocalypse now

MacGuffin

Going against the norm:

All Quiet On The Western Front
Bridge On The River Kwai
The Longest Day
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

Quote from: cecil b. dementedplatoon
full metal jacket
apocalypse now

Banky

Redux
Black Hawk Down
Hot Shots Part Duex

Thecowgoooesmooo

When the Trumpets Fade  <---- really fuckin good

The Thin Red Line

Band of Brothers

godardian

Grand Illusion

Ballad of  Soldier
Full Metal Jacket
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Holden Pike

Paths of Glory, All Quiet on the Western Front and The Thin Red Line.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

phil marlowe

not a big fan on war films. but there is two wich i really dug.

the thin red line
apocalypse now - i have yet to see redux.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Phil Marlowenot a big fan on war films. but there is two wich i really dug.

the thin red line
apocalypse now - i have yet to see redux.

What about Oliver Stones Vietnam-triology?
Black Hawk Down is fuckin' great!

phil marlowe

Quote from: Sigur RósWhat about Oliver Stones Vietnam-triology?
Black Hawk Down is fuckin' great!
muchacha, i thought platoon was good and 4th of july was okay i wouldnt consider them favorite in any way though. haven't seen black hawk down.

i think most war films feels so unreal to me so it doesn't really move me, it just become boring action to me. its just me i guess.

children with angels

Does Dr Strangelove count as a war film? If so: my vote goes there.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Cecil

Quote from: children with angelsDoes Dr Strangelove count as a war film? If so: my vote goes there.

i dunno, id consider it more of a comedy, or satire.

Gold Trumpet

I have no clue what a war film is anymore.

~rougerum