Baz Luhrmann

Started by Jon, January 25, 2003, 08:56:07 AM

Jon

I think he warrants it. His films are most definetly His.

Duck Sauce

xerxes

©brad

Just looked at Romeo and Juliet again the other day and was quite struck by it, much stuff in it I had forgotten about.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4dJust looked at Romeo and Juliet again the other day and was quite struck by it, much stuff in it I had forgotten about.

I agree, this movie was really well done, cinematography is awesome

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cbrad4dJust looked at Romeo and Juliet again the other day and was quite struck by it, much stuff in it I had forgotten about.

I love that movie, although I think the lead acting is terrible. Still a great movie... I'm not sure how that works, though...

picolas

my favourite thing Luhrmann changed from the play in that movie had nothing to do with the stylistic differences...i think it's so great that Juliet wakes up just as Romeo begins to die.

estragon

Does anybody else here think that moulin rouge really blew?

bonanzataz

I JUST watched moulin rouge again. I think it gets better every time. I didn't really like it the first time i saw it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Moulin Rouge was a decent movie.  R&J was just plain annoying.

Luhrman exagerates everything.  He over does anything he touches to the point that you can't really appreciate any of it.

Should definately NOT have his own category.

snaporaz

i think he sucks. he's probably better off as an interior designer.

SHAFTR

People like Luhrman ruin everything that is good and pure about film.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

©brad

damn there sure is a lot of moulin hating going around. It really is a love it or hate it type of thing. I liked it a lot.

Pubrick

Quote from: cbrad4dI liked it a lot.
as did i.

ppl hav a tendency to over-hate things to make a point, i doubt baz is bad for film at all.

original non-stupit vision = good.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

I didn't hate it! I just didn't like the way they edited it. It was to "MtTv'ish". It nearly made my head explode!