astronaut movies

Started by cron, February 16, 2006, 10:30:10 PM

what's the best astronaut movie? the right stuff?
context, context, context.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

cine

pete

Herzog's "the wild blue yonder"!
Actually it wasn't that great, but it did contain some fascinating astronaut footages and such.
Astronaut movies all suck.  I mean, either they encounter aliens and things like that which disqualifies them 'cause then they're just straight sci-fis (like Mission to Mars or 2001) or they somehow end up glorifying the American way like Armageddon and Apollo 13.  I love The Upright Citzens Brigade's disdain for the astronauts.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

NEON MERCURY

i saw this in theaters....crono, if you like slightly less philosophical ideas in your astronaut films..then this one is for you..

Anonymous Joe

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

- Buster Keaton

cine

god, this is the best thread ever.

pete

I cannot wait for this movie.  What are the chances of my stumbling upon a Polish Brothers update the same night Xixax starts an astronaut thread?
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: pete on February 17, 2006, 12:34:35 AM
What are the chances of my stumbling upon a Polish Brothers update the same night Xixax starts an astronaut thread?
astronomical!
under the paving stones.

life_boy

There may only be one.

Seriously.

For All Mankind (Al Reinert, 1989)

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ono

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Were we just being facetious?  I kind of like this one...

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye