clean flicks

Started by xerxes, January 24, 2003, 12:25:50 AM

BonBon85

Am I'm I the only one who thinks that T.A.T.U. is totally manufactured? What other reason would they have for kissing every two seconds? I guess it worked, though. They wouldn't be getting any attention if it weren't for the kissing thing.

bonanzataz

They ARE totally manufactured. Nobody's trying to hide it. They were created by a couple of old white guys in suits.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Aren't all pop acts manufactured nowadays? One of the biggest shows on TV is American Idol. Hell, even The Beatles were the brainchild of Brian Epstein.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

BonBon85

I wasn't really referring to their music (which is obviously manufactured) but more to their image. I just don't think they would be popular if their managers hadn't told them "pretend to be lesbians and make out in public every chance you get." It's a tad annoying, but I'm sure most of you boys don't mind at all.

xerxes

this thread changed sujects while my back was turned

... :?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: BonBon85Am I'm I the only one who thinks that T.A.T.U. is totally manufactured? What other reason would they have for kissing every two seconds? I guess it worked, though. They wouldn't be getting any attention if it weren't for the kissing thing.

Of course they are manufactured and they did a good job of it. When I first heard of them I was like "YOUNG LESBIAN RUSSIAN POP DUO!?" so I did a little research to this interesting topic only to find "The girls have never gone on record admitting to being lesbian.... blah blah blah" What a let down.

Pubrick

Quote from: BonBon85I wasn't really referring to their music (which is obviously manufactured) but more to their image. I just don't think they would be popular if their managers hadn't told them "pretend to be lesbians and make out in public every chance you get." It's a tad annoying, but I'm sure most of you boys don't mind at all.
i don't mind. it's nothing new, maybe it's offensive to sum chicks but most admit it's a great marketing strategy.

Duck Sauce, the name translates to This Girl Likes That Girl and who cares if they havn't gone on record, they sure act it, and are at least bi. and around my age so it's ok if i get off on it. :shock:
under the paving stones.

BonBon85

Yeah, I don't find it offensive. I thinks it's funny nobody's tried this strategy before. And Pubrick, I always assumed you were older for some reason - learn something new everyday.

Jeremy Blackman

The bee has wisdom beyond its years.

polkablues

Quote from: BonBon85I thinks it's funny nobody's tried this strategy before.

Femme 2 Femme.  Early to mid-Nineties, I guess.  Shitty music (I mean, really shitty), but I think they were the first group to go with the "Look! A bunch of lesbians! Singing!" angle.

Anyway, yeah... movies edited for content... bad.... um... hm.   :oops:
My house, my rules, my coffee

xerxes

Quote from: polkablues
Anyway, yeah... movies edited for content... bad.... um... hm.   :oops:

way to bring it back man... :lol:

Duck Sauce

Quote from: BonBon85Am I'm I the only one who thinks that T.A.T.U. is totally manufactured? What other reason would they have for kissing every two seconds? I guess it worked, though. They wouldn't be getting any attention if it weren't for the kissing thing.

This is pretty interesting despite the source....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003061831,00.html

Sigur Rós

Quote from: polkabluesAnyway, yeah... movies edited for content... bad.... um... hm.   :oops:

This reminds of Metropolis (1921..I think) wasn't this movie edited for contend. Can anyone tell me why?........politics?

neatahwanta

Seeing two "lesbians" who sing popular "music" kiss on national television is so important in a democracy.  The latest Russian contribution to high art.  :oops:  :roll:  :cry:

Duck Sauce

It is sort of entertaining, btw that article is worth the look just for the pictures.