Send alletter to PTA

Started by a.santi, January 19, 2004, 04:43:48 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: mollyduck was kidding

(right duck?)
duck doesn't kid.

especially about blood, feces, and semen.
under the paving stones.

prophet

What if everyone sends a letter to PTA that has some questions or comments and its sighned xixax at the bottom everyone then he will know that he has a big following here? good idea or not?
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Pubrick

bad/pointless idea.

at least 3 ppl hav already mentioned xixax to him, that guy who got him to autograph to us, mike D when he would call him to ask him if he was posting at C&C, and Greg who mentions us when he sends him the REGULAR EMAIL QUESTIONS we compiled not too long ago.

so, i think we got enuff fan interraction going with that dude, if u send one to him u would hav to send one to fincher, crowe, wes, scors, kubrick., i mean, we are not a pta site anymore.. and shouldn't label ourselves as such.
under the paving stones.

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pwe are not a pta site anymore
Yes, just keep thinking that...

Pubrick

haha, well at least not officially..

and it's not sumthing we should encourage, just look at the FREAKS who post in his forum.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Pjust look at the FREAKS who post in his forum.
:yabbse-grin:

soixante

I have never tried to write PTA, but I have had luck contacting other people through the WGA.  Or try the DGA.  You could also try to contact Robert Elswit through the cinematographer's union.  You're more likely to get a response from someone like him than PTA.

As for Kevin Smith, I have mixed feelings about his films, but I think the diary he posts on his site is great.  I can't think of any other major filmmaker who chronicles the nuts and bolts of the filmmaking process the way he does.  If only PTA and QT would do the same thing.
Music is your best entertainment value.

SoNowThen

Yeah, cinematographers are super-cool about contacts. I emailed this guy at the asc website once, asking a question about one scene in The Limey, and he sent back "why don't you ask Ed Lachmann about it..." and gives me Ed's email. I was too much of a pussy to email my stupid question to Ed, but all the same, pretty cool...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

a.santi

Well...I just don´t  have other way,I mean,I live in Argentina,unless he come here I´ll never meet the man.
All I want is an autograph.

Besides I don´t know anyone here who has seen his movies,so yeah,I felt better after writting the letter.

kotte

Quote from: a.santiWell...I just don´t  have other way,I mean,I live in Argentina,unless he come here I´ll never meet the man.
All I want is an autograph.

Besides I don´t know anyone here who has seen his movies,so yeah,I felt better after writting the letter.

Who knows? Maybe he reads them...

just don't expect anything.

molly

what do you expect of an autograph?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from:  [i][size=18px]P[/size][/i], of all people,just look at the FREAKS who post in his forum.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

a.santi

Quote from: mollywhat do you expect of an autograph?

Just to treasure it for the rest of my life.
I don´t know what to expect of an autograph,as I said...
I´ll never meet the man.