CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Started by MacGuffin, February 24, 2005, 12:12:02 AM

modage

even though i've never seen ONE second of ONE episode of this show, the tivo is set.  :yabbse-thumbup:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

w/o horse

Pretty good.  I've never seen CSI before so I don't know how much of it was typical.  It got pretty repetitive towards the end, and there was some stuff that was uber QT.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Myxo

It definetly had QT's signature dialogue. However, I don't think he had as much control of the tone because of the show's tenure. It felt like driving someone elses car, ya know? You can drive it around and take it in different directions but it still smells like another person and you've got to deal with existing defects. The actors seemed out of place at times. Overall though, it was pretty ok. The fire ants were a nice touch. What was up with the autopsy scene though? That seemed really unnecessary.

MacGuffin

30 mil watch CBS for 'CSI' finale Thurs.

CBS went into the Nielsen stratosphere Thursday with more than 30 million viewers turning out two-hour fifth season finale of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" directed by Quentin Tarantino. The "CSI" landslide made it an uphill climb for the 9 p.m. finale of NBC's "The Apprentice," which brought in 13.7 million viewers and 6.1 rating/15 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research. The 8-10 p.m. airing of "CSI" averaged 30.1 million viewers and 10.4/28 in the key demo; viewership peaked in the final half-hour at 35.1 million viewers and 12.8/30 in the demo.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

i would still hav watched the apprentice.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

csi rules. it's not usually like that episode. that episode was more like an episode of without a trace. it was good, but i could've done w/o the trademark qt references, like the dukes of hazzard board game or the roy rogers reference (although grissom delivered the roy rogers material well). also, tony curtis and the late frank gorshin. nice touch, qt. nice touch.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

QT nominated for CSI at Emmy Awards  

Quentin Tarantino has been nominated for the Emmy Award, an award for TV, for his direction of the CSI Episode "Grave Danger" which ran on CBS. Tarantino is nominated in the category Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series and competes with 6 other directors in that category.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Talkative Tarantino thrilled about Emmy nomination

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - You don't interview     Quentin Tarantino so much as attempt to regulate him.

This was clear from a phone conversation last week pegged to his announced Emmy nomination for drama series directing on the harrowing two-hour "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" season finale.

But as is apparently the case with any Tarantino chat, it veered all over the map, touching on Roy Rogers and Trigger, Capt. Kirk and Mr. Spock, Little Joe and "Xena: Warrior Princess." He also gave credit to legendary serials director William Witney -- who died in 2002 but remains one of Tarantino's heroes -- for inspiring him to work on "CSI."

"Witney did some of the best 'Bonanzas' and 'Wagon Trains' ever," Tarantino exulted. "By doing 'CSI,' I walked into Witney's territory. I did it partly as an homage to him."

"CSI" wasn't the first TV experience for the director of "Reservoir Dogs," "Pulp Fiction" (for which he and     Roger Avary won screenplay     Oscars), "Jackie Brown" and "Kill Bill-Vol. 1" and "Vol. 2." He also presided over an episode of "ER" 10 years ago. To Tarantino, however, it felt like the first time all over again.

"I wanted to make the 'CSI' feel like a movie, but it was also important that I not take more time than any other director," said Tarantino, who also came up with the story idea. "TV is a lot precious about stuff. In a series, if you like the first take, that's it, move on. It's also such a different dynamic to be working with actors who have been playing the same characters for five years and know them inside-out."

He was surprised that his input was welcomed so readily.

"I'd see the script for a scene and I'd take it, do some rewriting and kind of sheepishly sneak it back in. Then they'd be really excited to have me rewriting. That was, like, their game plan all along."

"Grave Danger" actually started out as a typical "CSI" hour but evolved into a two-hour episode when the footage started running long.

"I hadn't even known that was an option," Tarantino admitted. "Then everyone started sounding concerned as to whether we'd have enough material to fill it. And I'm like, 'Hey guys, I'm Quentin Tarantino. Undershooting has never been my problem."'

Tarantino had such a good experience with the "CSI" folks that he's already plotting his return trip to television. He hopes to put together a limited-run series where he writes and directs all of the episodes, "like one big arc/novel. Maybe around 12 episodes. I'm gonna look into that next year."

As for the Emmy nomination, Tarantino said he was "so tickled, I can't tell you. It means a whole lot because the people who do the nominations could have held who I am against me. They could have been like, 'Oh, look at the big film guy, stooping to do TV.' But it wasn't like that. I have so much respect for the TV directors. I actually follow the work of them, like the Dean Parisots and the Sutton Roleys. The fact it was the TV guys who nominated me is just huge."

It happens that Tarantino is nominated in an especially tough and competitive year when there are seven nominees in the drama directing category. But he still holds out hopes of winning and, in fact, has to be seen as the favorite, considering who he is.

"Hey, I'd love to win," he said, "but I'm going up against people like J.J. Abrams and his show 'Lost.' He is so The Man in TV right now. So I'm clearly not a lock. But damn, I'm just so honored to even have a shot at it. I have to think William Witney would be proud."

Winners of the 58th annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be announced Sept. 18 during a ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffin"Hey, I'd love to win," he said, "but I'm going up against people like J.J. Abrams and his show 'Lost.' He is so The Man in TV right now.

He's not only The Man, he's The Winner.

Quentin Tarantino and Marg Helgenberger announce the award for Outstanding Made for TV Movie -- "Warm Springs"

Skeleton FilmWorks