homemade viewfinder?

Started by prophet, October 15, 2003, 08:05:45 PM

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

thedog

Hands free homemade viewfinder:

Get one of those novelty eye patches. Cut out a piece of the eye patch of it in the shape of a rectangle.

Homemade viewfinder!

prophet

i was looking for something more constructive guys.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Link

Quote from: thedogHands free homemade viewfinder:

Get one of those novelty eye patches. Cut out a piece of the eye patch of it in the shape of a rectangle.

Homemade viewfinder!

that is freakin' genius, dude

Stefen

Ive always wanted to get one of these. Wear it around my neck to the grocery store, when I go get my oil changed, to work, I'd wear it all the time.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Witkacy

Why would you need one?  Unless you're doing an Ernst Lubitsch imitation...  just use your hands and frame that way... you'll save alot of $$.

kotte

Quote from: propheti was looking for something more constructive guys.
Quote from: thedogHands free homemade viewfinder:

Homemade viewfinder!

That is constructive. Those kinds of viewfinders are actually as advanced as the one on the camera. It's not something you put together a rainy afternoon.

As for the tip above. Try it. You might look stupid but what the hell!

Or...with the "piracy-fashion crazy going on you might be the hottest thing in town...who knows?

Reinhold

get a toilet paper roll, some electrical tape, and two lenses of the same strength... cheap dollar store magnifying glasses would be the best because they only work on one side. they have to be the kind of lenses that magnify stuff one way and shrink stuff when you turn the lens over. put one lens at one end so that it is convex to the tube. cut off the extra. put the other lens at the other end so that it is concave to the tube. cut off the extra. look through the concave end and tape off a rectangle in the convex end. off of the top of my head, that could work.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.