Pozer

THANK YOU FOR TURNING ME ON TO DGG!!! :-D  :-D  :-D
WOW, three of 'em and I never do smilies
See that, you did plenty of good around here

Cecil

Quote from: poserTHANK YOU FOR TURNING ME ON

perv

Ernie

Oh whatever, lol...you'll all be fine. I'll probably be back in awhile providing the site stays up. It would be impossible for me to go without a computer forever, lol. I have no idea when so I won't say soon, but I'll be back someday. You'll all have something to look forward to, think about it that way. Don't anybody leave either, I want it all to be the same when I get back.

Sunday is my last day  :(

MacGuffin

A Confederacy of Dunces Moving Forward
Source: Variety

After 23 years in development hell, the adaptation of John Kennedy Toole's Pulitzer Prize-winning comic novel A Confederacy of Dunces finally has a cast and director. An early spring start date is planned. The only problem? Miramax decided last week to bail as the film's backer which has forced "Dunces" to again seek financing.

Will Ferrell, Drew Barrymore, Lily Tomlin, Mos Def and Olympia Dukakis are attached to star. Sharon Stone and Larry David are also eyeing the project.

Indie helmer David Gordon Green is still planning on directing from a script written by Scott Kramer and Steven Soderbergh. Soderbergh and Scott Rudin will executive produce with Flower Films partners Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen.

"Dunces," first published in 1980, follows the labyrinthine story of Ignatius J. Reilly, a paunchy intellectual who suffers through a series of hilariously bad jobs and stilted romances while living with his wacky mother in New Orlean's French Quarter during the 1960s.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

Ghostboy

Wow.

Is Will Ferrell playing Ignatius, I guess? That's both not at all right and totally awesome. He could play the character perfectly, but physically he's way out of proportion. But man...this movie is going to be amazing. And I'm pissed that I'm not going to get to be the first person to give Will a dramatic roll (he got cast in some other serious movie recently, but I forget what).

moonshiner

finally picked up and watched All the Real Girls....amazing, great cinematography, perfect off-beat characters....i love the blend of happy and sad emotions that it evoked.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Ernie

They really think they can get an early spring release of this movie without Miramax? I mean, that's like what, 6 months from now and they've only announced it. There's no way I'll be looking forward to it coming out then, I'm thinking more like mid-summer. Undertow hasn't even been released yet. Any word on when that's coming out? Probably not.

Ghostboy

The report said an early spring start date. And I'm guessing that might not happen if they don't find financing fast (although since Scott Rudin's, I wouldn't be surprised if they already have), since Will Ferrell's lining up projects left and right. He's the hottest thing since Nicole Kidman (who he'll be starring with in Bewitched).

moonshiner

i haven't seen George Washington yet but I have an idea what it's like, and just watched All the Real Girls....the point i'm getting at, there seems to be a lot going on in A Confederacy of Dunces, not as understated as his previous work....Ghostboy it seems like you've read it, any validity to my assumption

and Beaman, i read in a post somewhere that you had the soundtrack to All the Real Girls, is it as great as it seemed in the movie
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Alethia

Quote from: moonshineri haven't seen George Washington yet ...

ohhh, you're in for such a treat.....

Ernie

Quote from: moonshinerand Beaman, i read in a post somewhere that you had the soundtrack to All the Real Girls, is it as great as it seemed in the movie

Not really, no. It does work perfectly in the movie but there's a lot of stuff that's not on there...most of the score isn't for instance. Like two of my favorite parts of the score are missing, the part of that montage where he's knocking on her window and their on the mountain together when she's pretending she only has 10 seconds to live. Then the score of the montage at the end. Neither of those pieces are on there unfortunately. Be sure to listen closely to those parts next time you watch it, it's fucking beautiful. They don't have the score to the dancing at the children's hospital part either if that's what your looking for.

But even without all those, it's a nice accessory for certain songs I guess. I love "Streets Were Raining" by Pyramid. Try to at least download that. "Beautiful Stars" by Isaac Freemen is the other must have that I can remember.

meatwad

I got the chance to meet DGG last night. I went to see The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players at Fez here in NYC. While i was waiting around, a man passed me by, with a beautiful young lady at his arm i might add. I knew i had seen his face before. It took me a while to figure it out, but then it clicked that it was David Gordon Green. I only had the balls to say hello to him and tell him that i was a fan of his work. I did not want to seem like a geek. My only regret was that i did not have my digital camera

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

meatwad

he said thank you. That was really it. It was not really the environment to have a conversation with him, and he did not seem interested in having one truthfully. I don't blame him. I wouldn't either. He seemed more interested in the good looking girl he was with, which i believe was a good choice.