Snowden

Started by jenkins, April 27, 2016, 02:59:51 PM

jenkins

Oliver Stone, Anthony Dod Mantle, actors
release date: 16 September 2016 (USA)

i'm not the first and i won't be the last person to say that warping reality into story mechanics dilutes both truth and meaning, it just does. it's been being said since movies came around. then: these are movies and have some fun. then: it's a story and you gotta tell it right. then i'll say: ok i go to parties, everyone can go to parties, but the ones you go to are the ones you go to, this isn't my kind of party, and there are both other ways to look at movies and other ways movies can be made.

this movie can be seen as good and i support that perspective. i haven't even seen the fucking movie. and i'm not planning to. i don't like going to movies to be mad at movies. this movie at its greatest will never touch the reality of Snowden, although in the future this might be the most shining historical record, help us remember the themes. this human world of ours is bullshit i don't wanna let it bend me.

Tictacbk

...I don't like the voice he's doing.

jenkins

effects of the dilution, ain't no conspiracy.

if i see this it'll be because i'm always prepared to surprise myself. it's basically exactly the same movie as The Walk, but less fun.

ElPandaRoyal

The voice isn't working for me neither  :yabbse-undecided:
Si

Gold Trumpet

The fear is that it's a rebound film after his MLK project fell through. When Stone talks about that project, it sounds ambitious. Sounds fascinating. I don't know how ambitious this sounds. The trailer doesn't help matters but it's still just a trailer.