modage

Best Visual Effects: INCEPTION

THE NOMINEES

Black Swan
Enter the Void
Inception
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
The Social Network
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alexandro

Nah, this is wrong.

Enter the Void is the one film of that bunch that

a) I have no clue how they did it
b) The effects are an integral part of the aesthetic posture of the film

Stefen

bleh.

Enter the Void deserved this one for sure. Inception did some cool things, but Enter the Void was just, jesus, ya know, it was sensory overload. If it got one xixax award, this is the one that it should have been.

I think that as soon as Nolan has a movie that under performs everyone will start questioning if Inception was ever really that good. Just watch.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Fuck, Social Network got totally snubbed here.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Why?  Face replacement? 

Inception is clearly the best here.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

I Love a Magician

pretty much everything in fincher's movies is CGI in some way. have you seen the behind the scenes stuff for zodiac?

modage

Of course. Inception is still da bomb tho.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I was being facetious in terms of how Social Network swept in general.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

P Heat

wow i did this vote thing late not knowing it was already decided LOL

sorry to the guy i sent my ballet too :yabbse-undecided:

... voted for enter the void for this btw!
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Pas

Enter the Void will redux the shit out of TSN

Welcome man, don't hesitate to revive old threads btw.