Modest Mouse

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, November 05, 2003, 09:13:29 PM

Cerpin_Schulze

it's more of a broad assumption that good news for people who love bad news is going to be the best modest mouse album. I think that it could be the best album ever! But i do have five new songs recorded live that are great quality. So guess i could be full of shit... a little...

Sleuth

The album has been delayed a week to April 6

they'll be on Last Call with Carson Daly

EDIT:  Feb10
I like to hug dogs

Reed Rothchild

pimp~ i saw them live last october, it was so fucking badass ;)
You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

moonshiner

getting ready to watch them on the set of one of Carson Daly's 600 jobs, wondering what album I should buy, having only The Moon and Antarctica (a cd that seemingly will hang closely to my cd player forever), to bridge the gap to their new release. I have heard some of their older stuff sparingly, I love Edit the Sad Parts. What must I have by them? i want only credible opinions.

also, i believe that dude from Blues' Clues is gonna be playing the Burger King on 4th St. later tomorrow afternoon while Carson flips burgers, you might wanna check it out
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Sleuth

Get The Lonesome Crowded West and then get all of the rest

EDIT:  Sad Sappy Sucker is probably hard for a lot of people to like because half of it is just Isaac fucking around with dial-a-song or whatever it's called.  A playful album, but I love it too
I like to hug dogs

moonshiner

yeah, i'm thinking more and more it's that type of band, i've had the Moon and Antarctia for about two years now, and it gets better every listen....the type of band that i want stop buying until i have all of their releases...do you think the Moon and Antarctica is their masterpiece though?
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Sleuth

I don't feel any of them are their masterpiece, but Moon is the easiest to get into, and a very solid album.  Building Nothing Out Of Something is sort of like Moon, but a lot harder to get into.
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

Quote from: SlorgThe album has been delayed a week to April 6

Of course, we had to wait out the interviews with Tracy Morgan and Gretchen Mol to get to them, but it was a good performance.  I might see them in March.

Sleuth

Quote from: Ravi

Of course, we had to wait out the interviews with Tracy Morgan and Gretchen Mol to get to them, but it was a good performance.  I might see them in March.

Last Call doesn't air here, so can you expand a little more on the performance?
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

Quote from: Slorg
Quote from: Ravi

Last Call doesn't air here, so can you expand a little more on the performance?

http://homepage.mac.com/jcafaro/modestmouse/

or

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Film Student

I'm a fanatical Modest Mouse fan, and in my not-so-humble opinion, The Lonesome Crowded West is their greatest album... Moon and Antarctica would be close behind, followed by their collection Building Nothing out of Something.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

moonshiner

thanks, i think it has to be Lonesome Crowded West...i wish i could find that Interstate 8 ep too....they seemed a little out of place on Carson last night, but they sounded good, we all have the back to bite back

UPDATE: now in my possession thanks to Valentine's Day, Lonesome Crowded West and Building Nothing Out of Something...so far...mesmerized

JC, no not that one

stalllove

Have any of you guys heard the song, FLOAT ON

Search like soul seek for it.
It's amazing,
does anyone know what album it's on?

Sleuth

That's a recently released 7" single
I like to hug dogs