eh?

Biography for
Rip Torn    

Birth name
Elmore Rual Torn

©brad

budgie

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Haha, I know, I remember in Oceans 11, there is a scene where Matt Damon tells somebody that the best part of his day is when she comes walking down those stairs, and then you see Julia Roberts walking down the stairs and she just looks weird. I laughed, others didnt.

I always think how inelegant she is, and yes, that scene, and her being in the movie, is a joke. Same in Pretty Woman: dressing her up in a posh frock is pointless cause she walks like she's broken a heel.

I mourn Mark Wahlberg, really. And I wish Hugh Grant would get offered something edgy and dramatic. Also fearing for Ewan.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: sphinxeh?

Biography for
Rip Torn    

Birth name
Elmore Rual Torn

oh... well, ummm... Torn is real ....  :yabbse-undecided:  ...

Derek

Quote from: budgie
I mourn Mark Wahlberg, really. And I wish Hugh Grant would get offered something edgy and dramatic. Also fearing for Ewan.

Mark needs to push himself a little more or find a new agent. I thought Hugh was great in About A boy, though. And Ewan, well, he's only got one more video game left to video tape and then he can get back to resurrecting Danny Boyle's career.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

budgie

Quote from: Derek
I thought Hugh was great in About A boy

I was excited to see a glimpse of something slightly darker, but the film was such a drag, and I see he's doing another Richard Curtis rom-com, which I don't care about either way cause they all do that stuff well, but you know, he needs a Hitch to do a Cary Grant with him or something.  :(

Gold Trumpet

Hugh Grant is fine at being the very best for the romantic comedies. A lot of dramatic actors may be actually envious of what he can do because when most try to switch over to comedy, they find it harder. But everyone, from the best to the worst, almost feel type cast in movies. Sure, I would like to see him broaden horizons like I would for anyone, but his position right now is not too shabby.

~rougerum

©brad

i liked hugh grant in small time crooks.

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinxjodie foster needs to stop twiddling her thumbs and get herself into some more movies

Yes. Also, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Michael Keaton should work more.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

One actress I really like is Dianne Wiest. what the fuck has she been up to? I swear to god if i ever get to make movies someday I'm putting her in it.
John Goodman, Joe Pesci, and Marisa Tomei all need to be in a lot more movies.

Raikus

Where is Billy Zane?

No really, I want to know. Is he in a shelter somewhere?

Also, I crave more Rory Cochrane (get off that damn TV show--it sucks) and Embeth Davidtz (she's been working recently, but nothing big).
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4dOne actress I really like is Dianne Wiest. what the fuck has she been up to?

She was regular on the TV show Law & Order for a while.

Quote from: RaikusWhere is Billy Zane?

No really, I want to know. Is he in a shelter somewhere?

He's been in a day spa...for a week.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks