Stupidest Things You've Heard About Kill Bill - SPOILERS(!)

Started by cine, October 13, 2003, 11:32:45 AM

Cecil

Quote from: NEON MERCURY...these analogies would never woprk b/c lynch has his own style and if "someone else" directed mulholland drive it would not be like lynch's vision/version...

it has his trademarks on it....

THANK YOU.  Finally someone besides me had the balls to say that.

bonanzataz

fuck everybody that doesn't like lynch. seriously. fuck em. up the ass. buck style.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

edison

Quote from: bonanzatazfuck everybody that doesn't like lynch. seriously. fuck em. up the ass. buck style.

i second that

Cecil

Quote from: bonanzatazfuck everybody that doesn't like lynch. seriously. fuck em. up the ass. buck style.

Alethia

coffeebeetle

Quote from: Cecil

I'm SO glad you're enjoying that phrase.  THANK YOU Cecil, finally someone else has the balls to use that phrase.

I just feel he's completely overrated, totally self-indulgent, and revered because he leaves things open to interpretation, which in itself isn't that bad.  But he does this with practically every movie (with the exception of Blue Velvet, which I liked).  I guess what I'm trying to say is he's too abstract for my tastes, that's all. I'm not putting anyone who likes him down.  Call me a sucker for liking movies that don't leave the viewer with huge questions to answer if you want.  Whatever.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

finlayr

David Lynch is one of the only TRUE ARTISTS living today among filmmakers...
Filmmaker

Finn

Now this one really infuriated me! About 25 minutes into the movie, someone behind me said, "This is a really weird movie. Let's go watch Good Boy". And then they left! I'm tellin ya, I really heard those words.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ernie

Quote from: Cecil"black and white? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, man"

Lol! I love it! The stupidity of that quote would be redeemed just for giving me a good laugh if somebody said it in front of me. Very good.

All I've really had to put up with is the LOTR geeks myself, which I put up with upon the release of ANY commercial movie that I have any intersest in seeing anyway. They even compared their "precious" to School Of Rock (which I LOVED!) for christ's sake...a Jack Black-driven family comedy! The only comparison I can give with those two is that School Of Rock is a better movie in every way. That's all I can see really. They can't possibly be compared further. Same with Kill Bill...it's infinitely a better movie, but not to be compared. KB has really been more well recieved than I thought at school so far. That's not meant to sound condescending if it does, I just figured a lot of people would hate it if they didn't know Tarantino. The real stupidity is probably yet to come.

Lynch is cool. Must buy out of print Wild At Heart VHS.

Pedro

Quote from: ebeamanThe only comparison I can give with those two is that School Of Rock is a better movie in every way.
I think that most here understand my disliking of the LOTR films, but I believe you're wrong here.  School of Rock was great fun for me, but it defenitely lacked the design and cinematography that makes the LOTR at least worth mentioning.

Ernie

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: ebeamanThe only comparison I can give with those two is that School Of Rock is a better movie in every way.
I think that most here understand my disliking of the LOTR films, but I believe you're wrong here.  School of Rock was great fun for me, but it defenitely lacked the design and cinematography that makes the LOTR at least worth mentioning.

Ok, I see what you mean, yea. I really meant to say that I enjoyed it (school of rock) 1000 times more. So it's a better movie entertainment-wise...which is a big thing when it comes to movies. I just respect and love it a lot more. It wasn't just "fun" for me, I think it's probably one of the top 10 films of the 2000's so far. It was something special, it's probably going to be underrated.

cine

RegularKarate

Seriously had someone I know pretty well say to me: "That scene where Lucy Liu and them are all walking in slow motion... THAT IS SO GUY RITCHIE!"

Alethia