Everything Everything

Started by children with angels, August 31, 2010, 07:12:34 PM

diggler

So I had no idea there was a new single/album on the way.

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

RegularKarate

Get on that mailing list, m'man. I've been rockin this for months!

and by "rockin this", I mean I've listened to it a few times.

diggler

It's not jumping out at me like Man Alive did, but I think that's a good thing. It's certainly on the more mellow side. So far I really like "Duet" and "The Peaks".

diggler

Anyone else check this out yet? I've come around to it. It's actually pretty fantastic.

RegularKarate

Yeah, I bought it off the site when it came out (I know, I'm a grampa that pays for music). I really like it. I don't think it's as strong as Man Alive, but I didn't expect it to be.
I like that it doesn't sound like leftovers from the first album (the way a lot of second albums do), it's trying to be its own thing.

Jeremy Blackman

After two listens, I really like it. I agree that it's not as good as Man Alive... the great songs are not as great.

I was thinking there's not one song I dislike, but I guess "The Peaks" comes close. Lyrics are cringe-worthy, and the music doesn't really help. Anyone agree? I might end up actively disliking this song.

However, I can tell already that pretty much all the songs will grow on me.

I love these unreservedly so far:

Cough Cough
Kemosabe
Armourland
Undrowned
Don't Try
Torso Of The Week

diggler

You can see the video for "Duet" in the states now.

http://vimeo.com/60919149

polkablues

I'm still not as on board with this band as some people here, but these two songs off their most recent album are legit hot fire.

My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

And then I try two other songs from that album and remember why I've never been able to fully commit.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Whoa, didn't realize this was out. Why do I deserve all this great music suddenly?

Oh God this was released over a year ago.  :doh:

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on May 05, 2017, 01:06:52 AM
Whoa, didn't realize this was out. Why do I deserve all this great music suddenly?

Oh God this was released over a year ago.  :doh:

Ha, yeah, I got excited about a new album then looked at the song titles. It's because the states give no love to Everything Everything. I had to seek it out when it came out and buy a UK download.

diggler

Speaking of which, new single out now and album on the way in August.

diggler