in this thread i will rate your avatar

Started by sickfins, March 03, 2004, 10:19:07 PM

phil marlowe

i'm sorry but you might as well head for the locker room now

Gold Trumpet

sickfins seems too nice on his evaluations. rate me and just bash my avatar. I don't care if you even like it. just bash it.

Sigur Rós

phil marlowe

if this develops then sick(k?)fins will have to to beat sphinx homo discussion paraphrase in longness of a post

Raikus

I thought the "Now Playing" in soundtracks was the king now?

Edit: Wait, nevermind. Upon rereading I see your meaning actual post length.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

This has been my avatar since xixax's inception.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Sigur Rós

Why are avatars so important at xixax? - I know they are not at most messageboards....

phil marlowe

Quote from: RaikusI thought the "Now Playing" in soundtracks was the king now?
it is but i was talking about single posts, not threads. if sickfins should review the avatar of every single active member of these boards then it would be a long ass post.

Quote from: Zigur RózPhil is a fag!
don't think you're in the safe area just because you 'hate fame'.

mogwai

Quote from: 82This has been my avatar since xixax's inception.
and that's way i have to ask... why do you have an avatar of a guy who commits suicide?

RegularKarate

Mine is really part of a series.  This isn't the best staching either, I realize that... I was tired that night.

One tar I would never stache is the Dwyer... it's ridiculously tasteless.

bonanzataz

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: 82This has been my avatar since xixax's inception.
and that's way i have to ask... why do you have an avatar of a guy who commits suicide?

i like your av, mog. i bought that dvd too. i never got around to listening to the julia st. vincent commentary though. i was...erm...busy...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Quote from: sickfins
the only way i could see this taking an hour is if you went and got each movie and capped each scene individually...each of the pictures you chose are perfectly composed and would make flawless avatars by themselves but slipped together like this they begin to lose their magic...
yeah i capped all these from the trailer, they're a bit difficult to make out, but so many cool scenes, i couldnt pick just one.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pedro

sickfins

round three

self created, merit pointsss

as i am familiar with conception and subjects of the avatar it loses that much mystery...the bluriness of ed's face and her coat makes her appear to have a beard or something, looks off to me but again it's because i know it

i have always found crowbars to be the most suggestive object even if it's just lying there.  even if you come in a room and all there is in the room is this crowbar.  make it animated and you'll have a classic

kinda looks like this guy is holding a dog on his shoulder and the dog is biting his shoulder and he's screaming.  that's what i always think when i see it

you have the top and bottom of the film frame lying around which gives it character but makes it a bit messy....it's such a classic but i am divided and a fish divided against itself will swim straight forward

blackkkkkk

we fish have many different beliefs....there are those who see you as the humigods as everchanging murky shadows that hover above our land with sharp machines so that we can bestowed upon the dry heavens above to be redistributed...they await their salvation and eagerly await their captors

not i...i have seen the land above and it is full of unimaginable terror and things impossible back below the surface...larger fish share beliefs but they refuse to travel in packs whereas those religious types are always hanging around each other waiting for a piece of heaven to drop down.  oh yeah that movie big fish is complete bullshit

from here i can't see if my fellow fish is a believer...if he is then he must be a happy one, but i suspect he was caught midspawning and that's one thing that you just don't do...only the fucking pearbrained bears are dumb enough to catch us then, or maybe that kid bobby....nonetheless imagine going through your existence just about to achieve reproduction and then bam you get eaten by some jigsaw man

not even the most devout sinless fish would be pleased with being eaten then, but nobody eats sickfinsss

believe it or don't, i've spent a lot of time in the shot you see there (it's mighty hard to get up on the train tracks in the background) and like half the x-files locations you see on the early seasons...you can actually smell the sewage treatment plant from where he's crouching

wide angle makes adds to the freaky-deakyness but it's much more effective when you see just how vigorously our jigsaw friend is devouring this fish in motion....nonetheless a superb refence but very dark...would like to see jigsaw in more detail

what the fuck is this.  

count love?  the count never held onto his true love, he should perpetually be in angst...a more appropriate 'tar would be neverending tones of red red red circulating behind him

this looks like one of those friendly cartoon vampires that you don't see wandering around too much...he has a butt chin too...you see those a lot more often

the colours are nice but dracula even for the sake of being random doesn't do it for me....but whatever sinks your dentures kiddo

hey kids, it's bresson with wavywavy hair

surrounded by mostly vertical lines and framed by two horizontal ones....i see your game but it all seems slightly off kilter and he gives the impression he's looking at something he vaguely approves of a short distance away..certainly nowhere near the boards though and this gives you a strange floaty feel if it weren't for that blurry black bar that weights everything down...now it just makes me feel trapped

i dunno....donate blood

andy your face and miming body will be forever populated by a vague cringe...i don't think this pose was meant to be held for eternity

a lonely old man would be much more lonely with fewer shutters in the background or perhaps a little more breathing space around him...very few avatars are meant to be stared at for extended periods of time...most of these are starting to piss me off now

thank you for your dollar (goatse?)

as per your donation i was considering giving you a glowing review but then i realized you could be LYING

this has been cropped far too much...framing is suddenly off kilter and makes me focus just on the hands rather than the whole image if it was done properly

the colours are superb but again resampling is the shits

straighten up and swim right

i hope kubrick had enough humour to laugh at this...or maybe what it's what he's like all the time since i've only really seen still pictures of him except for documentaries.  but those can be faked.

black and white is appropriate and if you managed to make this animation yourself then kudosssss, but it does get irritating after a different period of time

this avatar could turn into a golden one as long as you follow the golden rule: keep it long enough it will be tolerated and loved.  it will imprint itself as an icon of the boards and you will never associate the image with anything else again

:yabbse-thumbdown:

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

this would get perfect if it weren't for the mediocre resampling and slight offcropping.  but other than that it is a truly fantastic, one of the first few avatars in a while that i've really gotten a kick out of on inital viewing

very tiny

larger makes more detail let's talk why not?

overall it is humorous depending on how you thought of the movie but it will make everyone who reads your posts get the subtle impression that you are just 'silly' and will never amount to anything greater

too small crop less

that is all

aughhhhhhhh

shitty shitty compression.  look at those blocks in the top right how can you not see that

where is the context?  too many words are spelled incorrectly!  terrible punctuation!  explain!  explain!

the picture has a terrible browny/red hue that is just vaguely discernible from the muddiness of black you call detail populating this wasteland of a missed opportunity gone wrong in a has-been universe

and i don't like plaid

exploding man.  cool

:yabbse-thumbup:

i saw the video footage and your avatar doesn't give me the sickkkk feeling the moving pictures do...not really sick but maybe the fact that the images i was viewing were real and it just didn't look like that...and that someday everyone will look like that...

as a picture by itself it fails on a bunch of accounts and i'm wondering if there's a really good reason why you picked it or if it's just for shock value

no thanks  :yabbse-thumbdown:

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

nooooooo w....wh...is....brlbjhjmmmnn

why green
the blurry background brings more attention to itself than if you had just left it alone...it feels like this rodent is going to come out of the screen and charge me and leave behind a sickening trail of slimy green bluriness if it weren't for the white selection halo you somehow managed to leave around it

side views of rodents are so much more flattering

:yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:

somebody asked why avatars are so important....perhaps they aren't but they influence the reading of your post tenfold

a good example is banky's series of avatars a while back...conversely they can make a slightly annoying person seem like a full flegged urkel

so in conclusion avatars subconsciously change what people think of you

and remember for just a dollar a day you can sponsor a starving avatar in south africa

send currency or reedemable paper to

sickfins
1250 c.well dr.
vancouver
v7s2r2

or my other home

sickfins
2200 canyon drive
los angeles, ca

Pedro