Attention Filmmakers

Started by Gold Trumpet, June 21, 2010, 09:23:31 PM

Gold Trumpet

Hey, as everyone probably knows, I have a blog. For right now, it's my personal writing about film and I get some traffic, but nowhere near the level of a respectable website. Anyways, the one good thing about my blog is that it gets return on google via search for terms that relate to a blog post. That has helped me to get my blog linked to some major websites like they think I am a real news or opinion source. It's been a nice mirage for a bullshit level of respectability.

I covered I Love A Magician's wrestling short on my blog and loved showcasing it. I would also love to showcase any other short films or film projects by other members here. Mind you, I can't promise any real publicity, but the films do get some internet grounding and some websites have linked me already and I am only a few months into doing this thing. If anyone is cool with hoisting their babies more on the open internet, let me know, and if not, that's cool too.

You can respond on the thread, but if you want to get a hold me of directly, you can email me at cmtedesaintgermain@yahoo.com. Just send me the basic particulars of information (so I can justly credit everyone involved) and a solid way to host the film or promote it if it's not viral yet.

I Love a Magician

do it, y'all. made me feel Cool to have my thing up on a blog.

Gold Trumpet

Awesome, I really liked it. Thanks for being the first to sign up. It's a first great feature to have. I'll give more context to my thinking in a blog post later today or tomorrow, but is there a way I can make the short film just appear on my blog as a video or do I have to rely on the sharing the link only? Just asking. Preference is for former, but I will happily feature a link with a picture of a still or something to compensate as a visual introduction for your short.

Just Withnail

There's a code for embedding video's, that you get by pressing the embed-button on the video itself on the vimeo-site. Thanks for watching and wanting to write about it! Really glad you liked it.