Múm 2002
Red Hot Chilipeppers 2002
New Order 2002
SPIRITUALIZED 2002
Kaizers Orchestra 2002
Slipknot 2002
Rammstein 2002

Sleuth

I don't go to many concerts because lack of funds, but my favorite was Opeth in May2003
I like to hug dogs

European Son

The Strokes 2002
Pearl Jam 2003
Tool 2002
Dismemberment Plan 2003
Coldplay 2003
Red Hot Chili Peppers 2003
Audioslave 2003
Sigur Ros 2003
Zwan 2003
Wilco 2003

SoNowThen

Richard Ashcroft solo acoustic in a Vancouver club in early 2000.

closed with a 7 min version of Bittersweet Symphony before smashing his beautiful guitar to pieces and waltzing off stage.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

hmm...

-DEFTONES capital ballroom 1997
club show.  first time seeing them, (i think its been 8 now), very exciting for a young high schooler.
-RADIOHEAD tibetan freedom concert 1998
super obsessed radiohead fan, to see them during the tour of my favorite album ever was an incredible experience.  michael stipe came out to sing "lucky" and thom went to sing "leave" during rems set.  opened with airbag, unbelievable.
-THE STROKES stone pony 2001
tiny tiny club show right before they got incredibly huge during their first headlining tour after the release of their album.  the show had tons of energy, (way more than they usually do), since the stage was a foot off the ground and we were sitting on it before they came out.  it was uncomforably intimate almost.
-BECK zellerbach theatre 2002
again, realy small show.  beck playing solo acoustically for like 3 hours in front of a few hundred kids.  i was a few rows away, and afterwards i got backstage passes and got to meet him.  great show.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jokerspath

Will Oldham 2003
At The Drive In 1999
Portrait 2000

It gets more obscure from there...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

godardian

I've seen lots of great shows, but one towers over all the rest:

PJ Harvey in Portland on the To Bring You My Love tour in 1995. Not merely "good" or "great": Sheer. Perfection.

Belle and Sebastian in Portland on September 12, 2001 is also very, very memorable. They covered "Turn, Turn, Turn." I cried. I think we all did. That probably sounds very mawkish and obvious, but then, that night, at that moment, it was anything but.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

NEON MERCURY

MEDESKI            MARTIN    and           WOOD

hands down my fav. 8)

Pedro

Quote from: NEON MERCURYMEDESKI            MARTIN    and           WOOD

hands down my fav. 8)
Hell yes.  I like you.  Be my friend.  Take me to their next concert.

Myxo

Quote from: Sigur RósHere is my list, now show me yours.

Smashing Pumpkins 1999, 2001, 2001
Tool 2001
Deftones 2001
Bob Dylan 2001
Niel Young & Crazyhorse 2001
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds 2001
Sígur Rós 2003
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy 2001
Beck 2001
The Magnetic Fields 2001
Calexico 2003
Lambchop 2003
bob hund 2002
Chemical Brothers 2002
Múm 2002
Red Hot Chilipeppers 2002
New Order 2002
SPIRITUALIZED 2002
Kaizers Orchestra 2002
Slipknot 2002
Rammstein 2002

Radiohead 2001
Spiritualized 2002
Sigur Ros 2002
Supergrass 2003
Aimee Mann 2000 (Shortly after Magnolia was released)
Dave Matthews Band 2002

Get this.
I also saw The Doves back in like 1999 I think. You know who opened for them in a dance club full of about 100 people? The Strokes.

I'm sure I am forgetting a few others. Those stand out though.

Pedro

Quote from: halo_onAimee Mann 2000 (Shortly after Magnolia was released)
Are you gonna see her when she comes to Portland this year?

SHAFTR

Andrew WK at Luther's Blues 2002
Tenacious D at Aliant Energy Center 2001
The Strokes at Eagles Ballroom 2002

I hope to add Radiohead later this summer
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Myxo

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: halo_onAimee Mann 2000 (Shortly after Magnolia was released)
Are you gonna see her when she comes to Portland this year?

I didn't know she was coming. I'll have to check my listings, but yeah, I'll go for sure. I'm also getting tickets to see Radiohead. They go on sale for Seattle tomorrow to the public. I'm pretty stoked to see them for the second time. GREAT venue from what I've heard. Brand new.

European Son

I saw Blur in Atlanta last night. It was definately one of the best shows I've seen. Just packed with energy and Damon charmed the audience the entire show. They covered everything from the Brit Pop classics to just about every song on the excellent new album Think Tank. Great show.

Mesh

Quote from: godardianPJ Harvey in Portland on the To Bring You My Love tour in 1995. Not merely "good" or "great": Sheer. Perfection.

I've seen her twice.  Hands down the best rock performances by a female I've ever witnessed......