So What Now Then?

Started by ©brad, January 10, 2003, 05:33:22 PM

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: XixaxHe's probably a Democrat, too.

Awwww hellz no dawg! Dont make me get Tipper Gore on yo gang bangin ass!!!!

[/code]
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

TenseAndSober

Didn't PTA say he'd really like to work with Juliette Binoche.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManTipper Gore

Satan.

One of our beloved leaders of censorship.

no, it is not hypocritical for an admin to say that

Jon

Quote from: tommy_both
Quote from: sphinxactually, PTA films do make tons of money in rentals---magnolia made more than it did in stores than in theatres.  films with more awards tend to be more popular at rental stores.

So let's all pray that PDL will be a HIT in rentals :P I doubt that, well... maybe the few losers - the general BOXOFFICE audience, let me rephrase: 75% of the people - that rent at blockbuster see the name of Adam on the cover and think its a nice one to rent....

I work at Hollywood Video (SO MUCH NICER (PEOPLE-WISE) THAN BLOCKBUSTER) and I can promise you that, on its first week at least, PDL will be out of stock.

The next week everyone (except for...4 or 5 regulars) will complain that I gave them a bum recomendation.

They will then go and watch fucking Master of Disguise or Halloween Ressurection to settle the score. Bastards.

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManTipper Gore

Satan.

One of our beloved leaders of censorship.

no, it is not hypocritical for an admin to say that

Lieberman, too.  I'm hoping he doesn't get the Democrats nomination, because on the off-chance he might win, I just wouldn't be able to deal with the deluge of PG-rated films that would be the end-result.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkabluesLieberman, too.  I'm hoping he doesn't get the Democrats nomination, because on the off-chance he might win, I just wouldn't be able to deal with the deluge of PG-rated films that would be the end-result.

Yeah... no shit.  I get upset when I hear about his problem with sex in films.  Why is that an issue that's any of his concern?

That's first lady shit.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: JonI work at Hollywood Video (SO MUCH NICER (PEOPLE-WISE) THAN BLOCKBUSTER) and I can promise you that, on its first week at least, PDL will be out of stock.

The next week everyone (except for...4 or 5 regulars) will complain that I gave them a bum recomendation.

:lol:   I did the same thing with Magnolia at Blockbuster. I would walk around the store with a "let me recommend a movie to you" face, and people would always ask for recommendations. I figured that even if they hated the movie, it would open their minds a little. One couple was really mad at me for recommending it, cause they started watching it with their kids, and apparently the opening sex scenes didn't go over too well.

I've thought about working at Hollywood... just curious, how corporate are they? When I was at Blockbuster, I could feel them getting more and more corporate, and it hurts... (or mabye I was just starting to notice it). They made me sell DirecTV, and gave me a quota... I hated that... Blockbuster deserves to be boycotted by everyone...

Xixax

Blockbuster is ultra-evil. My boycott has ben in effect for quite some time. Hail Netflix!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanOne couple was really mad at me for recommending it, cause they started watching it with their kids, and apparently the opening sex scenes didn't go over too well.

youd think theyd be mad because of the violence and swearing. oh no, sex.

Cecil

Quote from: XixaxBlockbuster is ultra-evil. My boycott has ben in effect for quite some time.

amen. same here.

Jon

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman:lol:   I did the same thing with Magnolia at Blockbuster. I would walk around the store with a "let me recommend a movie to you" face, and people would always ask for recommendations. I figured that even if they hated the movie, it would open their minds a little. One couple was really mad at me for recommending it, cause they started watching it with their kids, and apparently the opening sex scenes didn't go over too well..

Yeah, I always warn about the cuss words, and that they may hate it, but it's an experience no matter what.

Quote've thought about working at Hollywood... just curious, how corporate are they? When I was at Blockbuster, I could feel them getting more and more corporate, and it hurts... (or mabye I was just starting to notice it). They made me sell DirecTV, and gave me a quota... I hated that... Blockbuster deserves to be boycotted by everyone...

Hollywood is very much less corporate. If Blockbuster is the bully who wants your lunch money, we're the new, smooth guy, from out of town, who lets you pay off later (and we have ALL 5 day rentals) :).

No, really, I don't know about the other stores, but the oldest person at my store is the manager: she is 21. So we're all pretty young minded and are all friends, it's very cool and I always have fun. Join the team!

Heh.

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI would walk around the store with a "let me recommend a movie to you" face

Whenever I get that look on my face, people run.  Maybe because it's so close to my "hey, little girl, would you like some candy" face.

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanOne couple was really mad at me for recommending it, cause they started watching it with their kids, and apparently the opening sex scenes didn't go over too well.

I think if they sit their kids down in front of an R-rated movie, they lose the right to complain about what they see.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Little Billy: "RESPECT THE COCK!"
Little Timmy: "TAME THE CUNT!"
Billy: "Respect the COCK!"
Timmy: "TAME THE CUNT!"

Mom comes in and breaks the two fighting children up.

MOM: "Billy, Timmy!  Stop it now, Mommy's trying to drink... ugh... that's the last time I let Blockbuster raise my children"

Mom walks away, Billy turns to Timmy.

Billy: "What's wrong with her?"
Timmy: "I don't know, probably has an ass in her cock"

oakmanc234

I can really see PTA doing a period piece next. He has a thing for doing the opposite to what he just did and the possibility of period piece next seems very likely to me.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Duck Sauce

Quote from: oakmanc234I can really see PTA doing a period piece next. He has a thing for doing the opposite to what he just did and the possibility of period piece next seems very likely to me.

What exactly do you mean by opposite? I wouldnt say any of his films were opposites to the ones before them.