Why Wilson Bros, why ?!

Started by Pas, May 20, 2003, 11:55:49 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: Ginger on August 26, 2007, 11:15:04 PM
Report: Actor Owen Wilson in suicide try

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug. 26 (UPI) -- Actor Owen Wilson was taken to a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., Sunday, reportedly after attempting suicide.

Wilson was transported to St. John's Hospital. Citing sources, The National Enquirer and Star magazine said the star of "Wedding Crashers" and "Starsky & Hutch" had cut his left wrist and taken an undetermined amount of pills.

He was found by a family member who called for help.

Santa Monica police confirmed only that the actor had been taken to a hospital, TMZ.com reported.

"On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 pm officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department," the police said in a news release. "The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

Citing medical privacy laws, the police did not release any further information.

The Enquirer said Wilson's wrist was stitched and bandaged at the hospital, and that Wilson would "be detoxed."

A call to Wilson's publicist was not immediately returned. TMZ said.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2007/08/26/report_actor_owen_wilson_in_suicide_try/9736/

i'm looking at you, ironically titled steely dan album..
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Owen Wilson 'In Good Condition,' Hospital Says
Actor reportedly says, 'I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time,' in statement.

Owen Wilson was reported in good condition Monday (August 27) after being taken to a hospital by paramedics over the weekend, according to The Associated Press.

Wilson "is here in good condition," Cynthia Harding, a spokeswoman for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, California, told the AP. The actor had initially been taken to St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica.

TMZ.com reportedly obtained the following statement from the actor: "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time." Several media outlets have claimed that Wilson attempted suicide, but those reports have yet to be substantiated.

On Sunday, the Santa Monica Police Department released the following statement: "On Sunday, Aug. 26, 2007, at 12:10 p.m., officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department at the 900 block of 23rd Street. The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated." No further information was provided, but People.com reported that the home is Owen Wilson's residence. Members of Wilson's family, including his brother Luke, have been reported visiting Cedars-Sinai.

Owen, 38, is the middle child of the Wilson brothers, all of whom act, frequently with each other. Earlier this year, eldest brother Andrew co-directed alongside Luke "The Wendell Baker Story," a film in which Owen appeared.

Wilson, one of the most bankable comic actors working today, is best known for his roles in blockbuster comedies including "Wedding Crashers," "You, Me and Dupree" and "Night at the Museum." One of the most prolific leading men today, he has a bevy of upcoming projects in various stages of production, including the already completed "Drillbit Taylor" and "The Darjeeling Limited."

The latter film, Wilson's latest collaboration with friend and frequent collaborator Wes Anderson, is scheduled for release September 29. Wilson was scheduled to attend the film's premiere next week at the Venice Film Festival. Wilson earned an Oscar nomination for his writing on an earlier Anderson effort in which he appeared, "The Royal Tenenbaums."

Wilson is also scheduled to appear in the big 2008 summer comedy, "Tropic Thunder" opposite "Night at the Museum" co-star Ben Stiller. MTV News recently spoke to that film's co-writer Justin Theroux, who said they were still in the midst of shooting the film in Hawaii.

MTV's requests for comment from Wilson's representatives had not been granted at press time.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Wilson's film plans on hold
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Hollywood circled the wagons Monday around Owen Wilson, who was reported to be in good condition at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. While the details of his hospitalization remained closely guarded, its impact on the currently filming "Tropic Thunder" and the soon-to-be-released "The Darjeeling Limited" could not be immediately assessed, with sources close to the respective projects declining to address the situation.

The actor was taken to St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica late Sunday after police and fire personnel answered a call from his Santa Monica home, responding to what some media reports characterized as a failed suicide attempt.

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time," the actor said in a statement released Monday by his publicist Ina Treciokas, who declined to provide further details.

Wilson's hospitalization could impact several projects. He has been cast in the DreamWorks comedy "Tropic Thunder," which has begun filming, and his next release, "Darjeeling," is about to embark on the fall festival circuit before Fox Searchlight releases it Sept. 29.

DreamWorks declined comment on whether the actor is expected to take part in "Thunder" or whether his cameo role could be recast. An ensemble comedy about actors who find themselves in the middle of a war, the film is being directed by Ben Stiller and also stars Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. A DreamWorks spokesman would only say, "Filming on 'Tropic Thunder' continues."

Wilson will next appear onscreen alongside Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman in Wes Anderson's "Darjeeling," the tale of three brothers traveling together through India. Following a screening at the Venice Film Festival, the film will play in the opening-night slot at the New York Film Festival.

Whether the actor will participate in any of the activities surrounding the film's opening remains to be seen, but Treciokas said Wilson already had completed long-lead press commitments on behalf of the film and "he's always committed to and supports his projects."

Wilson has a second project awaiting release, Paramount Pictures' "Drillbit Taylor," a comedy from producer Judd Apatow, which is scheduled for March 21. In early 2008, he also is scheduled to film Fox 2000's "Marley & Me," co-starring with Jennifer Aniston.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Owen Wilson Suicide Attempt Confirmed
Actor remains in stable condition at Beverly Hills, California, hospital.

The incident on Sunday afternoon that landed actor Owen Wilson in the hospital was called in to police as a suicide attempt, according to Santa Monica Police Department phone logs.

According to the records, a call was received at 12:08 p.m. August 26 for an incident listed as "Attempt Suicide." Wilson remains in stable condition at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, California, according to spokeswoman Cynthia Harding.

"Extra" reports that Wilson's brother Luke found him at his home on Sunday. Since being admitted to the hospital, Wilson reportedly has been visited by other family members, including his brother Andrew. Samuel L. Jackson was also seen at the hospital, though it has not been confirmed that he was visiting Wilson.

Wilson's publicist has offered no further comment since issuing the following statement on her client's behalf Monday: "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

Meanwhile, rumors continue to run wild over what provoked the incident. The New York Post cited a recent "vicious quarrel" with a close friend and his reported breakup with "You, Me and Dupree" co-star Kate Hudson as potential reasons — however, nothing has been substantiated.

The fate of two of Wilson's high-profile films remains to be seen. Slated for release next month, is the Wes Anderson-directed "Darjeeling Limited," in which Wilson co-stars with Jason Schwartzman and Adrien Brody. Wilson was scheduled to attend the film's debut at the Venice Film Festival next week; Fox Searchlight has not responded to inquiries about any change in plans for the launch of the film.

In addition, Wilson co-stars with friend Ben Stiller in next summer's "Tropic Thunder," a film that has recently been shooting in Hawaii. At press time it was unclear whether Wilson has already completed his scenes for that film.

Just last week, he signed on to star opposite Jennifer Aniston in the film version of the bestseller "Marley and Me."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Owen Wilson drops out of 'Thunder'
Stiller agrees with actor's decision

Two days after being hospitalized for an attempted suicide, Owen Wilson has dropped out of the DreamWorks' ensemble comedy "Tropic Thunder."

Both DreamWorks and Wilson's personal publicist declined comment.

Wilson's frequent collaborator, Ben Stiller, began shooting the film in Hawaii six weeks ago. "Tropic," which also stars Jack Black, is produced by Stiller's Red Hour Films.

Wilson was scheduled to begin a weeklong shoot in two to three weeks. The decision was characterized as a mutual agreement between Stiller and Wilson.

"Ben and Owen have made eight movies together," a source close to the project said. "And he can't wait to work with Owen again. It's just not going to be on this film."

It is unclear whether Wilson's role would be recast or eliminated from the comedy, which revolves around a group of actors shooting a big-budget war movie who are forced to become the soldiers they are portraying.

The pair starred together in the comedies "Starsky & Hutch," "Zoolander" and "Night at the Museum."

Wilson is recovering at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

This dumbass can't even off himself correctly and costs people millions and millions.

I've heard people say Benoit yourself, meaning to kill yourself, but I think it'd be meaner to say go Owen Wilson yourself, cause that would mean that you were such a failure that you couldn't even kill yourself correctly, which is so much worse than actually getting the job done.

No sympathy for millionaires living on top of the world wanting to kill themselves, especially when they've been in some of my favorite movies.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Stefen on August 28, 2007, 11:19:26 PM
This dumbass can't even off himself correctly and costs people millions and millions.

I've heard people say Benoit yourself, meaning to kill yourself, but I think it'd be meaner to say go Owen Wilson yourself, cause that would mean that you were such a failure that you couldn't even kill yourself correctly, which is so much worse than actually getting the job done.

No sympathy for millionaires living on top of the world wanting to kill themselves, especially when they've been in some of my favorite movies.

you can be a real dick sometimes.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Stefen

Yeah, I guess that was a little harsh, but still, why do something like this? Especially when your career is in full swing and you have everything you want/need at your fingertips? I just don't get it.

bonanzataz

it's called depression and/or drug addiction (if the tabloids are right). it's a disease.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

maya kash

"Money is the blood of the planet.  Heal the money and we can heal the world."

"Put your mouth where my money is."

tpfkabi

this has been really shocking to me.
has he ever even been in trouble with the law before?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pubrick

Quote from: bigideas on August 29, 2007, 01:53:01 AM
has he ever even been in trouble with the law before?

what a bizarre question.

how is a suicide attempt in any way connected to "trouble with the law"? he wasn't arrested and he didn't try to kill anyone but himself. as far as i know attempted suicides are not seen as attempted murders and no run-ins with the law have been mentioned as a reason for him snuffing himself. so how is that question relevant? you must be in shock.
under the paving stones.

picolas

maybe bigideas is refering to potential drug-related stuff.

i'm shocked too. and yeah millions is by no means happiness/the antidote to depression. many lotto winners will tell you everything changes and it's tough to retain being a standard human around lots of people that were once close. he always seems so happy, though. maybe he's manic-depressive. that would make a little sense. or it's just drugs. i'm not sure which would be better.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.