KILL BILL (Japanese Cut)

Started by The Obstruction, May 14, 2004, 05:52:13 PM

The Obstruction

I read a piece about Cannes yesterday, in the piece they wrote that the japanese cut of kill bill was going to be showen, after the awards was given out.

I got the impression that the japanese cut was vol. 1, a short break, and then vol. 2. sort of like seeing vol. 1 before going to the cinema but is that the truth, or is there extra things in it.
"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

Ravi

I know they got the b/w scene in color.  Surely this was discussed in the KB I and II threads...

Just Withnail

As well as a whole lot of extra gore and close-ups.

More, and in fact, exact info, here:
DVDFile Message Board: Kill Bill Japanese Version VS. US Print

finlayr

For those who don't know--you can get the uncut japanese version of Vol.1 on www.yesasia.com  .  It's fuckin' great and only about 38.00 dollars.
Filmmaker

Alethia

is there a point tho?  i seem to recall tarantino saying for the whole bloody affair dvd edition (the one in which it will be one complete film) we will get the japanese version for vol 1

rustinglass

A portuguese reporter that was in cannes said that the vol1+2 cut included the more violent and full colour japanese cut, and an intermission with the zamfir music playing separating chapters 5 and 6. He also says that it's way cooler to watch it all in one sitting.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: rustinglassA portuguese reporter that was in cannes said that the vol1+2 cut included the more violent and full colour japanese cut, and an intermission with the zamfir music playing separating chapters 5 and 6. He also says that it's way cooler to watch it all in one sitting.

Where did you read it?
Si

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ElPandaRoyal

Si