The films of Bram

Started by Bram, October 25, 2008, 04:44:13 AM

Bram

After having seen some work from both Matt and omuy I thought that it would be cool to think what the xixaxers think of my films.

A bit about myself: I'm a student in video and photography and I'm making serious short films for about 2, almost 3, years now. So don't expect it to be state of the art since I'm still figuring out the style I would like to work with/in.

I'm currently uploading all my likeable films on Vimeo, but I need to find a way to make the files a bit smaller. Anyhow there are currently three films on there.

Gas (2007)
The assignment was to make this short film inspired by a painting. I immediately went with Edward Hopper's Gas and thought a long time about what story could unfold within this atmosphere of a gasstation. Finally I came up with this surreal plot and filmed the damn thing in one night with the help of a friend (the actor) and my dad (who drives the car). My fellow student didn't understand it, so they didn't liked it. However, my teacher loved it.

Het Geluid (2008)
Another assignment where I was supposed to make a film based on a poem. I will subtitle it soon, because it's completely dutch, but I think it's watchable for the un-dutch visitors. The words make it a little different, but the images speak for itself. This also started a series which I'm planning to keep working on, wherein the same actor (Glenn) ends up in these bizarre moments.

TU1: Het beeldscherm (2008)
The most recent addition, the assignment being to make someone sitting behind a computer interesting. The production also had a deadline of two hours, which made it pretty damn difficult. I found myself doing this dark and abstract thing again, a style I've experimented with enough.

Tell me what you think!

md

Gas was real nice.  A little heavy on the color correction, but it worked very nicely.  You have a great eye for cinematographer and editing!  Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. 

The second film with the dutch poem was my favorite, but I wish I knew what he was saying!
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Alexandro

I liked them all a lot.

I didn't find the color correction in gas heavy at all, in fact I kept thinking that I loved how crisp and detailed it looked.

hope to see more stuff soon.