The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Pedro

My guess is that we get a teaser in May and a trailer in June.  Is that too early?

modage

Updated with lots of new info:
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2011/06/here-is-your-master-cast.html

More Join 'The Master' Cast, Editor, Costume Designer, More Confirmed
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2012/03/more-join-cast-editor-costume-designer.html

Tichenor is out, McNulty is in, etc.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jerome

polkablues

I laugh-out-louded.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on March 27, 2012, 10:07:53 PM
[countdown=10,12,2012,12,01][/countdown]

Yes, I just installed a countdown mod.

Get it up on the site!

modage

Mac, what do you think all that "call me Jonathan" business was a while back with Joaquin? Character is still Freddie Sutton as far as we know, right?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Brando

Quote from: Pedro on March 28, 2012, 02:38:58 AM
My guess is that we get a teaser in May and a trailer in June.  Is that too early?

If I remember correctly, There will be Blood was released at the end of 2007.  It was like a December 25th or 30th release but the teaser trailer came out online at the beginning of summer. I think it came out more than six months before it's release date. Maybe the release date and final name was holding a teaser or trailer back.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

diggler

Wasn't that teaser for TWBB made against the studio's wishes? I'd be surprised to see him pull that stunt again (although it's still the best trailer for that film)
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

chere mill

yep. pta talks about it here.

P Heat

HOLY ASS JUICE. I just caught up with the news. :yabbse-grin:

its been an extremely LONG wait and its almost here. Hope he does put out a trailer out on youtube again. I'm sure it'll be posted here or cigs immediately. That being said, I'm sure the limited release won't be anywhere near Miami, FL so fml.......... :doh:
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

malkovich

QuoteThat being said, I'm sure the limited release won't be anywhere near Miami, FL so fml..........

Oh, I'm in Miami too! It'll only be in limited release? I'm sure it'll still play on Lincoln Road or at Sunset.. It has to play here somewhere..

..It has to..

Jeremy Blackman

If PDL got an immediate wide release (Sandler notwithstanding), I don't see how this can't...

modage

PDL didn't. I remember driving to NYC from Philadelphia so I could see it opening night.

Jeremy Blackman

Hmm fair point. I guess I'm misremembering because it was a super-limited initial release. Now I looked it up:

10/11/2002 - NY, LA, Toronto
11/1/2002 - Wide Release

I fully expected I would need to go to Uptown Minneapolis to see PDL, but it was playing freaking everywhere.

I think malkovich was afraid The Master won't get a wide release at all. Which I doubt. Has anything been said about that officially yet?

modage

Nothing said. I'm just assuming they'll do a NY/LA first week then a bunch of cities next week and growing wide over November etc. into the holidays ideally.