Was PTA ever NOT a god to you?

Started by meatball, October 25, 2003, 01:47:10 PM

molly

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: molly
Quote from: Weak2ndActHe won't be a God until he wins an Oscar, because no good career is validated until then :wink:

That guy that did "Beautiful Mind" is a god? :shock:
Jokes, Molly... Jokes...
I love you, by the way.

I thought so! :lol:  8)

Sigur Rós

I've liked him ever since I saw Boogie Nights for the first time. I'll have to admit that I'am not a fan of his person. Just a fan of his films.

Alethia

anybody who was at the rochester screening must surely know how funny he is - a few besides me were there, i think ebeaman was, i dont remember who else.  he bragged how he was shopping for cookies and shit - funny man.

you might have had to have been there, however.

kotte

Quote from: ewardanybody who was at the rochester screening must surely know how funny he is - a few besides me were there, i think ebeaman was, i dont remember who else.  he bragged how he was shopping for cookies and shit - funny man.

you might have had to have been there, however.
Any chance to tell that story, huh? :)

Alethia

it's not really a story -- but........during the Q+A someone asked what he had done since he'd been in rochester....and he said they had watched a bunch of short films, and they screened treasure of the sierra madre, and then he paused and got this big goofy grin on his face - and he said "we went out and shopped for cookies and that was really fucking fantastic!" or something along those lines.

classical gas

i've always liked him.  he's my favorite director.  i don't know how people can not like him as a person; i've never met him of course, but he seems like such an enthusiastic person and has such a passion for what he does.  at least he's not solely about the $$$, which makes people annoying to me.  
btw, does that guy who runs the cigarette and coffee site post here?
i've been visiting that site for the longest time now, but i've just now got around to this place.

kotte

Quote from: classical gasi've always liked him.  he's my favorite director.  i don't know how people can not like him as a person; i've never met him of course, but he seems like such an enthusiastic person and has such a passion for what he does.  at least he's not solely about the $$$, which makes people annoying to me.  
btw, does that guy who runs the cigarette and coffee site post here?
i've been visiting that site for the longest time now, but i've just now got around to this place.

He used to be if I'm not mistaking.

modage

i liked him from what i heard on the commentaries, and he was really cool when i met him.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

TheVoiceOfNick

I always thought he fuckin' cursed too fuckin' much in his fuckin' boogie nights commentary... he seemed too fuckin' strung out to be a god... maybe just a sub-god... but maybe he was on coke like dirk was... either way, he's a fucking good fuck head... fuck yeah...

Finn

The only time that PTA was not a god, was when I didn't know about him.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ernie

Quote from: ewardit's not really a story -- but........during the Q+A someone asked what he had done since he'd been in rochester....and he said they had watched a bunch of short films, and they screened treasure of the sierra madre, and then he paused and got this big goofy grin on his face - and he said "we went out and shopped for cookies and that was really fucking fantastic!" or something along those lines.

Of course I was there man, you know that. Lol, I'm still looking for the place they said they got the cookies from, I forget what it's called.

Did I tell you I went to the Treasure of the Sierra Madre screening? It was so cool, I sat in the seat he sat in at the screening.

Quote from: SydneyThe only time that PTA was not a god, was when I didn't know about him.

Perfection. Just what I should have said.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: classical gasbtw, does that guy who runs the cigarette and coffee site post here?
depooter

Cecil

now, now... no need for foul language

Alethia

Quote from: ebeaman
Did I tell you I went to the Treasure of the Sierra Madre screening? It was so cool, I sat in the seat he sat in at the screening.

i remember when i saw him sittin there i thought it was funny cuz i never realized he was so tall, his fuckin legs had to be out in the aisles..lol.  i'm glad i had to stand though, i got to talk to him and stuff before he went on and didnt have to get through a crowd to meet him.  i enjoyed that.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Find Your Magali

to paraphrase Winston Zeddmore:

"When someone asks you if PTA is a god, you say YES!"  :)

..thats funny .....