Report your findings.

Started by Dtm115300, January 30, 2005, 02:31:12 PM

Dtm115300

I tryed to search for anything like this but i didn't find anything. So if something like this has already been posted, please link me to it.

This is a list of films and how they were made. Shot on (35mm, Digital, HD, 16mm ect) Edited (Avid, FCP, on film) or whatever info you can find on the film.
Maybe the model of camera they used.

Anyone have any info?

Myxo

Films shot in 16mm

Films shot in 35mm

Films shot in HDTV

..a report on Film vs. Digital from the Sundance Film Festival..

People use a ton of different cameras, so I'll let you take a look around. It's not that hard really. Just go to www.imdb.com and search for a film. Go to "technical specs" and find out what camera they used.

Dtm115300

thanks. Do you know a site where i can find out there editing formats?

kotte

Quote from: Dtm115300thanks. Do you know a site where i can find out there editing formats?

No such site...but it's easy really.

Just find the editor of the film you wanna know about (IMDB) and then Google you're way to information about him/her.

Walter Murch uses AVID but did Cold Mountain in FCP.
The Coens did Intolerable Cruelty in FCP.

You can count on that every film after 1998, when Saving Private Ryan was the first to win an Oscar for it's digitally editing, was/is edited on an AVID machine. Apple is slowly changing this however.

pete

why do you need to know about every film's editing platform?
you can probably find them quite easily in trade magazines, some kinda editing magazine.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

This is the second worst thread title ever.

Tied for first are "Help?",  "Suggestions needed."  "(No topic)", "Casting call for...," and "Why was my thread locked?"

Myxo

I agree actually..

Might be better to change it so people searching can find it.

Fernando

Quote from: ono mo cuishleThis is the second worst thread title ever.

Tied for first are "Help?",  "Suggestions needed."  "(No topic)", "Casting call for...," and "Why was my thread locked?"

This is the most misleading thread title since Million Dollar Baby.

Dtm115300

ono

You didn't "lead" us anywhere.  That was the problem.  No harm, no foul, though.