chick movies

Started by pete, November 30, 2004, 12:01:25 PM

pete

I like the following chick movies

the joy luck club
I capture the castle
sense and sensibility (just saw it last night and cried)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pwaybloe

I'm forced to watch chick movies.  

I will soon be forced to watch kiddie movies.

ono

Quote from: PwaybloeI will soon be forced to watch kiddie movies.
Congratulations?

I like When Harry Met Sally.  That is all.

Amelie and The Princess Bride aren't really considered chick flicks, are they?

©brad

Quote from: petesense and sensibility (just saw it last night and cried)

woose.

RegularKarate

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: wantautopia?Amelie and The Princess Bride aren't really considered chick flicks, are they?

Yes.  You can't discount chick flicks as chick flicks just because they're good.  Pete counted Sense and Sensibility.  I'm counting Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Heavenly Creatures.

I like:

ten things i hate about you
bring it on
bridget jones' diary

and  The Pillow Book seems to be the favorite movie for intellectual girls
context, context, context.

Stefen

haha ten things I hate about you is awesome. i watch it all the time, it's the goat.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ono

Quote from: cronopioand  The Pillow Book seems to be the favorite movie for intellectual girls
I wish I lived in a country where The Pillow Book was a favorite for intellectual girls.

Here, it's Garden State.  :cry-cry-again:

pete

Quote from: hacksparrow
Quote from: wantautopia?Amelie and The Princess Bride aren't really considered chick flicks, are they?

Yes.  You can't discount chick flicks as chick flicks just because they're good.  Pete counted Sense and Sensibility.  I'm counting Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Heavenly Creatures.

whoa, heavenly creatures stars Kate Winslet, Crouching Tiger is directed by Ang Lee, Sense and Sensibility is directed by Ang Lee and stars Kate Winslet.  And both Lincoln and JFK were succeeded by a dude named Johnson or something.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

And Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy.  And you drive in a parkway, and park in a driveway.  And  a jeweler sells watches while a jailer watches cells.  Madness!

Jeremy Blackman

Don't forget that shipment goes by car and cargo goes by ship.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: petewhoa, heavenly creatures stars Kate Winslet, Crouching Tiger is directed by Ang Lee, Sense and Sensibility is directed by Ang Lee and stars Kate Winslet. And both Lincoln and JFK were succeeded by a dude named Johnson or something.

Quote from: wantautopia?And Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy. And you drive in a parkway, and park in a driveway. And a jeweler sells watches while a jailer watches cells. Madness!

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanDon't forget that shipment goes by car and cargo goes by ship.

You all just blew my mind.

I forgot to add Love Actually to my list.  It was on HBO last night and I remembered that I liked it a lot when I first saw it.  But what was up with God Only Knows playing at the end?  It's been done!

And you park a car in a driveway but drive a car on a parkway...

MacGuffin

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

And it's all about "Thelma & Louise."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Bunch of pansies we have in this thread I see.

I'll toss in Legends Of The Fall.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.