Pop-Punk

Started by E-Snizz, November 19, 2003, 09:22:23 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: godardian

The only really interesting current "punk" band I can think of is Sleater-Kinney.

...what 'bout these hardcore musicians..... :wink:

godardian

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: godardian

The only really interesting current "punk" band I can think of is Sleater-Kinney.

...what 'bout these hardcore musicians..... :wink:

Yeah, very funny.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

GodDamnImDaMan

pop punk sucks....

very simple...

very true...
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

E-Snizz

Yet....this statement comes from a Kid Rock fan, everyone...

Sigur Rós

Quote from: God Damn I miss JJpop punk sucks....

very simple...

very true...

amen!

myadopteddaughter

I don't listen to any of that stuff.

Tha Vandals are the only punk I listen to, and, of course, the Sex Pistols.
mmm, mmmm good

GodDamnImDaMan

"It's alright to tell me, what you think about me" -Blink 182

Yes...i can see the pure brilliance in blink 182's lyrics...
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

classical gas

The Offspring are a guilty pleasure for me, i suppose, although they only had two maybe three decent albums, but it ends there with the pop punk bands....although my friend is in one, so i suppose i like them.

BrainSushi

Good Charlotte is, to me, the quintessence of poseur. While I can manage to like some pop-punk, Good Charlotte just annoys me. They were just a group of guys who went shopping at Hot Topic, gave themselves a name, and suddenly they're millionaires.

Thecowgoooesmooo

Some pop punk I like comes from, Mest.

New Found Glory, until the whining sound of his voice starts ringing in my ears.

And of coarse, the kings of the coined Pop Punk genre.

Greenday

chris

on a side note: one thing i do commend the pop punk genre for doing is good cover songs

99 Red Balloons- my favorite

myadopteddaughter

Some bands, that I suppose are defined by some and most everybody to be in the punk category, are not there in my mind. They were, and then every suburban kid with a really expensive guitar they got for christmas from daddy, and their angry friends started a band and became famous. Now bands like Greenday, for example, are in no category at all because bands like Good Charlotte shame them.

AND WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT REMINDS ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I FUCK'N HATE ANGRY SUBURBANITE FUCKERS, BECAUSE THEY FUCK'N RUINED WOODSTOCK!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, the conversation just reminded me of that horrible, horrible day and I had to let that out.
mmm, mmmm good

E-Snizz

Suburbia rocks.   :-D

Gold Trumpet

I appreciate the mall punk movement because it is showing how unrebellious it is to dress the punk fashion. I've been saying this for years and am finally getting validity.

But, for some reason, I can't help but download lillix songs off search engines. Guilty (fucking) pleasure........

Weird. Oh

Pop Punk is disgusting. Basically its just the wave of popular rock that is in that the time. and the music industry rides the waves until everyone involved has drowned. Starting in the 90's it was grunge. Then Alternative, then Goth Rock, Now "Punk". I like to call this crap Mallcore. because all the kids that listen to it hang out at mall and slit their wrists because mommy and daddy won't buy them that porshce. I personally hate these bands like Simple Plan or any of the cookie cuttter shit that is spit out. The lead singer of Simple Plan looks like a giant little kid. And they all wear dickies and shorts, in the middle of winter? Maybe if they had any talent as musicians they wouldn't suck so much but since they fit what is "in" right now they are popular?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Pedro

Quote from: Weirdo1769movieMikePop Punk is disgusting. Basically its just the wave of popular rock that is in that the time. and the music industry rides the waves until everyone involved has drowned. Starting in the 90's it was grunge. Then Alternative, then Goth Rock, Now "Punk". I like to call this crap Mallcore. because all the kids that listen to it hang out at mall and slit their wrists because mommy and daddy won't buy them that porshce. I personally hate these bands like Simple Plan or any of the cookie cuttter shit that is spit out. The lead singer of Simple Plan looks like a giant little kid. And they all wear dickies and shorts, in the middle of winter? Maybe if they had any talent as musicians they wouldn't suck so much but since they fit what is "in" right now they are popular?
Though I agree that simple plan is really vomitous, your commentary on the listeners of pop-punk is a little exaggerated, dontcha think?  what music do you like?  hopefully it's nothing mainstream....god i hate that cookie cutter shit that is spit out.