I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

modage

tried to wait, but the box was calling to me....

yes my precious.  :twisted:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

coffeebeetle

Hey Samsong, are Sympathy and Paris decent?  I've been wondering...

I blind bought this and was greatly rewarded.

I also bought these last week:

and
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Weak2ndAct

Just picked up The Two Towers!

There goes three days of my life.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Weak2ndActJust picked up The Two Towers!

There goes three days of my life.

Haha...so true. I just got it too, along with Amelie and Road to Perdition. Great fucking buy, I think.
WWPTAD?

RegularKarate

Got Two Towers... good price at Best Buy... there were about thirty people in line with this.

Gamblour.

Quote from: RegularKarateGot Two Towers... good price at Best Buy... there were about thirty people in line with this.

What was it there? I got it at HMV for 30.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ShanghaiOrange

I bought Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Once Upon a Time in The West. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

RegularKarate

Quote from: RegularKarateGot Two Towers... good price at Best Buy... there were about thirty people in line with this.

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreWhat was it there? I got it at HMV for 30.

$24.99

Gamblour.

Quote from: RegularKarate

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreWhat was it there? I got it at HMV for 30.

$24.99

Fuck. That's an awesome price.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

meatball

The Work of Director Michel Gondry

©brad

whale rider is already out?!?

how come i was not informed of this?

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©Radwhale rider is already out?!?

how come i was not informed of this?

I'm actually late in picking it up. It's been out for a couple of weeks now. I got mine used for $10.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.