KEVIN SMITH

Started by cowboykurtis, April 04, 2003, 09:56:02 PM

Banky

yeah no kidding me too

MacGuffin

Kevin Smith May Not Direct The Green Hornet
Source: Empire Online

Empire Online attended a new Kevin Smith talk in the UK where he said that he may not direct The Green Hornet:

Asked whether he was worried about taking on the cult comic given that he is on record as saying that he cannot direct action, Smith dropped something of a bombshell on fans anxiously waiting for his take on the material. "I think the way around it is just not to direct it because otherwise I'm going to have to recant, and f**k that! Honestly, I signed on to Green Hornet to write and direct it at a time where I don't know what I was thinking. I was just like, "Someone wants to give me a comic book movie? Wow."

More info here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Smith casts Web for next great shorts

Filmmaker Kevin Smith has announced MoviesAskew.com, an online community, showcase and DVD series for aspiring filmmakers under the slogan: "We've shown you ours. Now show us yours." The Web site is scheduled to be unveiled Sept. 10. Submissions must be 30 minutes or less, and an internal review panel will select five for streaming on the site each month. Visitors will vote on the five to select the monthly best, and the winning 12 will be compiled into a commercially released MoviesAskew DVD. The 12 monthly winners also will be screened at the First Annual MoviesAskew Film Festival, which will be held in Westwood or Red Bank, N.J. Smith and actor Jason Mewes will select five of those 12, which will then be rescreened and subjected to an audience vote for overall best.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

An important fact to note is you have to be a registered user of the VA board. It costs $2 to register and he's already said you don't need a certain post count.

http://www.viewaskew.com/theboard

Also, it's $20 per film submitted.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Banky

CLERKS 2 IN 2005!!!!  

Well, there are always scoops that we hate holding on to, and this was certainly one of them. Finally, the news has been given the go-ahead to announce here, and we couldn't be happier. Here's the piece that AP is running today, announcing that yes, the SECRET PROJECT for 2005 is indeed a live action CLERKS sequel, tentatively titled CLERKS 2:
Director Kevin Smith Plans 'Clerks' Sequel
By ANTHONY BREZNICAN, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES - Kevin Smith is making another convenience store run.

The writer-director of "Dogma," "Chasing Amy" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" told the Associated Press on Friday that he has begun work on a sequel to "Clerks," his homemade indie classic from 1994.

That $27,000 movie, shot at night in a store where Smith worked, chronicled the adventures of Dante and Randal, two guys who talk about life, death, sex and movies while working at neighboring stores.

The sequel picks up 10 years later.

"It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s. Those dudes are kind of still mired, not in that same exact situation, but in a place where it's time to actually grow up and do something more than just sit around and dissect pop culture and talk about sex," Smith said during an interview at his Hollywood office. "It's: What happened to these dudes?"

A new 10th anniversary DVD of "Clerks" debuts Sept. 7, and Smith said working on that three-disc set inspired him to write about what became of those characters.

The sequel — titled "The Passion of the Clerks" — is set to begin shooting in January. Miramax Films, which turned the original into a cult-hit after buying it at the Sundance Film Festival (news - web sites), plans to distribute the follow-up.

"It's funny, it's very raw, insanely foul-mouthed. In many ways it's the antithesis of 'Jersey Girl,'" Smith said, referring to his recent PG-13 comedy with Ben Affleck (news) as the widowed father of a little girl.

Smith is also writing the screenplay for a movie version of "The Green Hornet," but no longer thinks he will direct it. The "Clerks" movie has moved to the top of his to-do list.

He said he called Jeff Anderson, who played the combative video-store worker Randal, and Brian O'Halloran, who was the besieged-by-strangeness convenience store employee Dante, to run the idea by them first.

"Jeff was actually very protective of 'Clerks,'" Smith said. "Jeff was like, 'Are you sure you want to do this? That movie means a lot to people and do you want to go back?' I thought about it honestly, and it would seem chicken to not give it a shot just because I'm afraid of (messing) with the first film."

So far, he said he has gotten only positive responses from the people who have read the script, so he decided to move forward with it. Both O'Halloran and Anderson are signed on, and Jason Mewes, will return as stoner Jay, the "hetero life-mate" of Smith's stoic Silent Bob.

"I'm sure there will be naysayers who say, 'Oh my God, it's an opportunistic grab at a buck,' but it's not. We're doing it for nothing," Smith said. "We're going to do it insanely inexpensively. The budget will be somewhere between 250 grand and $5 million."

The original was shot pre-dawn, and most of the actors worked for free and then went straight to their day-jobs with little or no sleep.

"This time around we'll afford ourselves the luxury of nice 12-hour days," Smith said. "And people can get paid."

classical gas

Quote from: BankyCLERKS 2 IN 2005!!!!  

The sequel picks up 10 years later.

I heard K. Smith was a big fan of Linklater.

mogwai

Quote from: kevin smithclerks 2
one of the lamest post april fool jokes ever.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Banky"The Passion of the Clerks"

:roll:

It's a fucking joke, right?
Si

clerkguy23

man, i used to be such a big fan. what happened to kevin smith? he's such a little bitch now. i can't believe he's doing this.

bonanzataz

Quote from: clerkguy23man, i used to be such a big fan. what happened to kevin smith? he's such a little bitch now. i can't believe he's doing this.

yah... me too...

i wouldn't mind it too much if it was animated. the animated show was funny.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

some information that may be useful to you... (from imdb)

Film-maker Kevin Smith is launching an online short film contest. The Jersey Girl director, pal of Hollywood hunks Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, has launched Moviesaskew.Com, which will let users submit their projects, which will be judged by a panel led by Smith. Twelve films will be highlighted on the site for one month each and will then compete in the Moviesaskew Film Festival next year, where five finalists will be chosen by celebrity judges and the winner picked by the audience. The victor will be rewarded with an apprentice position on Smith's next movie, which is expected to be the sequel to Clerks.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

hey, i posted something like that too! we're like twins! twins born, like, 7 days apart...

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

MacGuffin

Mallrats 10th Anniversary Disc Planned

Looks like Kevin Smith's next special edition DVD will be Mallrats. At a recent "An Evening With Kevin Smith" show, he confirmed that the DVD is no longer available because Universal is planning a 10th anniversary edition next year.

Some fans suggested on his View Askew message boards that, in honor of the 10th anniversary of the film they gather at the Eden Prairie, Minn. mall where the movie was filled. In response, Smith posted the following:

"So funny that you mention this, because I just went into Universal yesterday to work out the details of the Mallrats 10th Anniversary Edition DVD. We were talking about doing another ArcLight Screening/Q&A which we'd shoot out here in L.A., but as I was driving home, I was thinking "Maybe we can go to the Eden Prairie Mall and hold the screening/Q&A..."

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: clerkguy23man, i used to be such a big fan. what happened to kevin smith? he's such a little bitch now. i can't believe he's doing this.

i just remembered those tv spots of the jersey girl dvd release, when he's all like "this is my wife. pretty hot, eh? well in order to keep her happy i need money so help me out and buy my dvd..." something to that effect.

1. your wife ain't that hot.
2. you know you're at a low point in your career when you do stupid shit like that.
3. the passion of the clerks is a ridiculous title and will inevitably suck.
4. smith needs a break like ben stiller does.
5. yes i'm in a bad mood.