Tim Burton

Started by tpfkabi, April 20, 2003, 02:42:22 PM

Ghostboy

I definitely wouldn't call Burton goth...he does have a dark streak, but I think that's more becacuse he loves old horror movies so much, with all their melodrama and sharp angles and other things that are gothic.

I think 'Sleepy Hollow' is actually pretty good; the script starts to really suck in the last third, but it was the first time Burton ever made a real horror film, and for that I loved it. The blood looked beautiful.

I've been realizing a lot lately how much of my taste was formed at a young age by him and his movies. He really was the first filmmaker to ever connect with me on a deeply emotional level (the film that did it was 'Edward Scissorhands,' of course).

Sigur Rós

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeIf you think about it, every Burton film has the same basic plot: pale-faced, good-hearted dimwit is thrust into a strange and foreign world that he ends up changing and that ends up changing him.

You are rite! But then again this could be said about a lot of directors....  :shock:

MacGuffin

Vinton Signs on to Burton's Corpse Bride

The Hollywood Reporter says Vinton Studios has signed on to produce Tim Burton's stop-motion animated film The Corpse Bride for Warner Bros. Pictures.

The project, set to begin lensing in November in London, marks the first full-length feature to hail from the Portland, Ore.-based Vinton Studios.

"Bride" is based on a 19th century Eastern European folk tale and is described as an offbeat fable about a young man who inadvertently becomes betrothed to a corpse.

Burton is attached to produce "Bride," which is being adapted for the screen by Caroline Thompson (Edward Scissorhands) and directed by first-time helmer Mike Johnson.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

abbey road

i love burton, even though it lacke d a good story i loved the cinematoraphy and direction of sleepy hollow.  and i was wondering if anyone knew what he was doing newxt?  i had heard somethin like a dark take on an old fairy tale, but i just heard it from some friends so i dont know.
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

abbey road

dont reply to what i just posted i hadnt read anything u guys said, and u allready answered my questions....sorry
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

MacGuffin

Tim Burton Directing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Warner Bros. has tapped Tim Burton to direct Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the second live-action adaptation of the Roald Dahl classic children's novel, reports Variety.

It is one of two projects Burton will make back-to-back at the studio, as he's signed to next do the stop-motion animation feature The Corpse Bride.

"Charlie" has long been considered one of WB's most promising properties, one that the studio hopes will lead to a Broadway musical, adds the trade.

Burton's has not made a deal yet, but it's close after a very positive meeting between the director and WB's Alan Horn, Jeff Robinov and Kevin McCormick. The Dahl estate has already approved Burton as the director they wanted most.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

He's probably the best choice...but still, I'd rather have seen him tackle an original project like Geek Love, rather than another remake.

MacGuffin

Helena Bonham Carter has given birth to a baby boy. The child, as yet unnamed, was born on Saturday in a London hospital, her agent said.

It is the first baby for the actress, 37, and her partner, film director Tim Burton.

The couple met when Burton, 45, directed her in Planet of the Apes and they have been together for nearly two years.

They live in adjoining houses in Belsize Park, north London, and only recently knocked an inter-connecting doorway between the two.

Joking about the unconventional living arrangement, she tells this week's Radio Times: "I don't know if we'll marry. I find it romantic bearing his illegitimate child and living next door."

Bonham Carter was previously in a five-year relationship with Kenneth Branagh, which ended in 1999.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

wait, he's not with lisa-marie anymore?  when did that happen?

ElPandaRoyal

Quotewait, he's not with lisa-marie anymore? when did that happen?

errrrrr......

QuoteThe couple met when Burton, 45, directed her in Planet of the Apes and they have been together for nearly two years.
Si

SoNowThen

what kind of bad coke has he been doing, that he would give up lisa for helena? I mean, have you seen Lisa? My oh my!!!!!!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ElPandaRoyal

Quotewhat kind of bad coke has he been doing, that he would give up lisa for helena? I mean, have you seen Lisa? My oh my!!!!!!!

Iknow what you mean. she....... has something 8)
Si

Alethia

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum
Quotewait, he's not with lisa-marie anymore? when did that happen?

errrrrr......

don't you growl at me........

Gold Trumpet

I prefer Helena over Lisa Marie myself. To me, they kinda resemble each other but Lisa Marie seems glammed up all the time in tradtional show biz fashion; Helena seems to bring out personality with her looks as also looking good. I choose Helena.

~rougerum

Sleuth

Plus, Lisa Marie is a stupid bitch
I like to hug dogs