I saw the Dirk Diggler Story yesterday...

Started by Link, February 02, 2004, 08:02:58 AM

Pozer

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: poserismsHe's the cop from Rez dogs right?
why do you ask if you already know the answer? pfft.
I wasn't for sure. And don't ever write pfft again.

©brad

Quote from: poserisms
Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: poserismsHe's the cop from Rez dogs right?
why do you ask if you already know the answer? pfft.
I wasn't for sure. And don't ever write pfft again.

pfft, make him.

jtm

finally picked DDS and C&C up on ebay.  i thought DDS story was clever for what is was, a 17 year old fucking around.  it had some funny moments and definitly led him to sumthing wonderful. :yabbse-thumbup:

C&C on the other hand i thought was a boring peice of shit.  i'm not even sure what it was supposed to be saying.  the scenes with the guy talking on the phone were the worst.  it appeared the guy on the other end of the phone (who we couldn't hear) had the best lines, all we got was 5 minutes of this guy saying "yeah?"  really?"  "no shit!"....  :yabbse-thumbdown:

Lambdacism

i feel the compulsion to utter: pff,ff;ffff,t

you are stealing the childhood of a human being;

billybrown

For those that own or have seen The Dirk Diggler Story and Cigarettes and Coffee, what is the audio and video quality of the copies currently available, and what is the running time for TDDS? Thanks.

Link

The video quality of TDDS that I have is terrible.  A lot of time I had a hard time seeing what was going on (though it progressively got better).  The sound wasn't too hot either, but part of that is the fact that it was shot on video.  C&C is better.  It would look pretty good if it wasn't a VHS copy, but the sound is much better.  I don't remember the running time for TDDS except it was too long for it's own good.

billybrown

Quote from: LinkThe video quality of TDDS that I have is terrible.  A lot of time I had a hard time seeing what was going on (though it progressively got better).  The sound wasn't too hot either, but part of that is the fact that it was shot on video.  C&C is better.  It would look pretty good if it wasn't a VHS copy, but the sound is much better.  I don't remember the running time for TDDS except it was too long for it's own good.

Thnx for the info.

jtm

Dirk Diggler= 31 minutes

Cigs & Coffee=23 minutes

grand theft sparrow

OK, which one of you guys put this out there?

B.C. Long

kassius

Agreed to be in it? Wasn't this just some movie that Paul shot in high school probably for film class or something? I don't think anybody agreed to be in it thinking it was a career move. haha The guy was what, like 17? It was just some project he did for fun.

I saw it today. Thought it was awful. BUT it is what it is. The production quality is so bad that I couldn't even watch it. I'm sure the story - upon the projection flaws - might have been good but I couldn't tolerate myself to get into it.

matt35mm

Alexandro

It's still pretty sophisticated for something made by a 17 year old dude editing from vcr to vcr. There's a lot of humor and smart editing choices. He was trying his best to make it work with what he had. It was fun to hear "you've got the touch" and all the stuff about the vocals being up when recording the album.

john

I wish Robert Ridgley was in my short films in high school.

Though, one of the customers in the video store I worked at used to be Philip Baker Hall's roommate in college so I guess that kinda... doesn't... count... at all.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.