MEETING

Started by cowboykurtis, September 30, 2003, 03:18:32 PM

cowboykurtis

i just met marty -- hes shooting right outside my offiice -- im happy
...your excuses are your own...

SoNowThen

GOOD FUCKING HOLY LORD! YOU ARE A LUCKY BASTARD!!!!!

Get a picture or something.

So this means he's obviously done in Montreal?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Care to add more details to your meeting? What was said; did you up to him, etc.?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Did you guys make love?  Was he good in bed?  Does he talk in his sleep?

cowboykurtis

i work on the sony lot -- theyre shooting a scene from the aviator on teh lot which takes place on teh mgm lot, which  used to be sony. hes been hanging outside my doorway. about 10 mintures ago -- jack fucking nicholson stolls up -- i got a fucking polaroid with marty and jack fuck nick. im going to shit in my pants.
...your excuses are your own...

SoNowThen

POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: cowboykurtisim going to shit in my pants.
and i'm going to cry like a little girl.

Alethia

YOU SON OF A..........HOW DID YOU - YOU LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY MOTHERFUCKER YOU.  I MEAN I MET PTA BUT GOD DAMN IT UR LUCKY.

ElPandaRoyal

I hate you.......... I'm gonna gocry now......
Si

picolas

i know that this has hurt and saddened every one of us. i wish i could tell you guys that it will eventually get better, but i think we're all adult enough to know that that simply wouldn't be true. Mr. Scorsese has found someone else and he's not going to be wanting to see us again for a very long time. not sure what my point was now.

cine

So are you going to post that picture of you three? Yeah, because I feel like crying...

picolas

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

cine

What's sexier... Uma's eyes.. or Orson's lips...