Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

squints

So i'm friends with the guys in this band,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_Lives_%28band%29

whose album came out on the same label that In Rainbows eventually came out on (TBD records) and they're managed by one of the co-founders of the label, this dude named Phil, who text messaged a couple of the guys in Other Lives that within the next couple of days a new radiohead album is coming out.

Just what i heard through the grapevine, we'll see if it really happens.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

^it's true! The King of Limbs!

QuoteRadiohead to release new album this Saturday

Band make surprise announcement that eighth album, The Kings of Limbs, will be available to download in five days' time

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/feb/14/radiohead-new-album
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

Why $14.99 for a digital download of CD quality music? Is the thinking - charge $5 more because it takes more space on our hard drive and a longer time to download? Seems really weird making distinctions between a purely 1's & O's 'object.' There is no resale value, as opposed to a physical CD.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

In North America the MP3 download only is $9.

Digital only - PRESALE
Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here with a choice of two digital formats:

* MP3 version is a 320K constant bit rate file.
   * WAV version is a full CD quality uncompressed digital audio file.
   * One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.

The King of Limbs can be pre-ordered now and downloaded on Saturday 19th February 2011.
MP3 PRICE $9.00
WAV PRICE $14.00

Newspaper Album - PRESALE
Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

* Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
   * A compact disc.
   * Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
   * The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
   * The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.
   * Shipping is included in the prices shown.
   * One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.

*perhaps
Newspaper Album + MP3 PRICE $48.00
Newspaper Album + WAV PRICE $53.00

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeremy Blackman

I have a feeling this is going to be great...

Pubrick

yes but what's up with the title???

their titles usually refer to something, at least on one level. just give me ONE level that's all i ask for.. in rainbows was pushing it as far as that's concerned.. this time i really have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

the best i can think of is they're trying to catch some of that Kings of Leon heat by making their title sound similar.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

It's apparently the name of a big ass tree that's near where they recorded In Rainbows.

Title sucks as does the artwork.

The music will be great, like always. I just hope there isn't anything as boring as All I Need and House of Cards on it. Eff those jams.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

brockly

i actually like the title. it's not as explicit as their other albums in that it requires some knowledge or research to know what they're on about. i kinda get an INLAND EMPIRE vibe from it, it's a place that was the source of inspiration for them while they were creating this thing. definately getting the impression that there's gonna be some dark, perdurable themes on the album... but that artwork looks tacky as fuck.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Stefen on February 16, 2011, 07:43:09 PMI just hope there isn't anything as boring as All I Need and House of Cards on it. Eff those jams.

Agreed on House of Cards, but All I Need is one of my favorite Radiohead songs! (I don't see much similarity between the two.) I only liked Videotape better on In Rainbows.

Pwaybloe

Loved "All I Need".  The 4-song stretch of "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" to "Reckoner" is some of the best stuff they have ever done. 

Reel

all I need is def. one of my favorite radiohead songs, behind creep.

Jeremy Blackman

That definitely lacks the subtlety of a Radiohead album cover. And the title, even with the backstory, leaves something to be desired (reminds me of HTTT). Maybe it will all make sense when we hear the album. Perhaps it's a collection of "Monster Mash"-style novelty songs.

tpfkabi

I'm not crazy about the title or cover either. Maybe that is not the real cover? I'm hoping. Have they actually made a statement that says "here is the album cover"? I've now seen that photo with no writing, one with just the title, and one that has the title and the band name.

Hopefully it is just a representation of the early digital download.

Revisiting In Rainbows those kids screaming "yeah!" on 15 Step really sticks out like a sore thumb.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.