Coffee and Cigarettes

Started by El Scorchoz, February 23, 2004, 08:38:12 PM

El Scorchoz

Anyone see this new Jim Jarmusch film at any film fest? The film's basically a bunch of black and white short improv pieces with a really diverse group of actors/celebrities.

Some parts of it are pretty funnny.
Who snatched Lilo's coffee???

Satcho9

isnt Bill Murray in this?? Any news of a release date?

Pubrick

posted September 3rd, 2003, on Jim Jarmusch thread.. http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=395&start=30
Quote from: Ghostboy(From FilmStew.com )
Wouter Barendrecht's Fortissimo Film Sales is heating up the Coffee. Fortissimo has picked up the worldwide rights to Coffee and Cigarettes, the latest effort from helmer Jim Jarmusch. The film will be screening out of competition at the Venice International Film Festival and is also now slated to screen at the Toronto Film Festival.

The project began back in 1986 and features Jarmusch's friends and colleagues discussing various world issues over coffee and cigarettes. Among the topics discussed in the black and white film are the Elvis conspiracy and Paris in the 1920s. Roberto Benigni, Steve Buscemi, Cate Blanchett and Iggy Pop are some of the stars that appear in the film.
reply..
Quote from: Pawbloe
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

so... i don't understand. is jarmusch putting together the first three shorts and then filming a new one and calling it a feature? i saw the first three shorts. they're really good. i'm all for seeing them in a theater.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Shaggy

I think he filmed a few more. There's one with Cate Blanchett, one with Bill Murray and RZA & GZA from the Wu-Tang Clan, one with Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan and one with The White Stripes.

El Scorchoz

Quote from: Satcho9isnt Bill Murray in this?? Any news of a release date?

Official release date is March 14
Who snatched Lilo's coffee???

Stefen

Quote from: ShaggyI think he filmed a few more. There's one with Cate Blanchett, one with Bill Murray and RZA & GZA from the Wu-Tang Clan, one with Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan and one with The White Stripes.

That's sounds so odd, yet compelling.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

FeloniousFunk

bonanzataz

oh, i am so pumped. but i know it will take 20 years to get to the states. AAAH what a quandary!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SiliasRuby

I am SO looking Forward to this, it's going to be kickass
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

meatwad

i was having trouble hearing the audio. what is it that jack is showing meg white, that lights up?

Fishbulb

RegularKarate

I saw this at South By Southwest.

It was one of the best films at the fest.  I also went to a Q&A with Jarmusch.

He's been filming these since the mid-eighties, between films to keep busy.

There are eleven shorts... they aren't shown in the same order they were filmed, but the first three were the first three he filmed and the last two (including the Bill Muray, RZA, GZA one that is fucking brilliant) were the latest to be filmed.

Anyway, see this movie.  It's got some great moments.

oh, and Meg White is a shittttttttty actress.

El Duderino

Quote from: RegularKarate
Meg White is a shittttttttty actress.

i believe it. she's cute though
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?