[proposal: xixax collective story.]

Started by cron, April 25, 2004, 01:27:58 PM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanMargaret Thatcher
I thought the same when I read it. It's rather funny because we were just reading about her in my Euro. History class.

cine

Quote from: Bankyyeah i deleted my post and call it after JB. I will post that im next in the thread following JB's post.

This is something I now regret not bringing up earlier when I initially thought of it. But people should always call that they're next in the Art Gallery story thread. Then nobody posts until the new extension has been added. The person who said "I'm next" will type their work and EDIT their "I'm next" post to keep everything clean in the thread without any double posts.

I hope this makes sense with everyone.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: BankyI will post that im next in the thread following JB's post
Make sure you read my post carefully, especially the end.

Sorry about the plot twist.

Quote from: 50 CentiphileThe person who said "I'm next" will type their work and EDIT their "I'm next" post to keep everything clean in the thread without any double posts.
That's perfect.

El Duderino

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

funky.....nice job.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanMargaret Thatcher
I thought the same when I read it.
Great.

Make sure you read my post carefully, especially the end.

Confused the hell out of me.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Banky

actually, somone else take it next.  I dont know where yo go after that.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrickwalrus' freak out is unwarranted. as is his current hostility.

Sorry.  :cry:
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Quotei think it would work better if the person who'll write the part, just before starting, posted a message that briefly states the he's writing something at the moment, then simply click the edit button and continue advancing on the story.

Quote from: 50 CentiphileThe person who said "I'm next" will type their work and EDIT their "I'm next" post to keep everything clean in the thread without any double posts.
That's perfect.
context, context, context.

Jeremy Blackman

I didn't know we were doing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI didn't know we were doing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

maybe we should limit the # of dream seequences & flashbacks.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

uh, or only let them happen when they actually add sumthing to the character and not just begin a whole new story randomly, disregarding all that has gone on before.

yeah.
under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Pubrickuh, or only let them happen when they actually add sumthing to the character and not just begin a whole new story randomly, disregarding all that has gone on before.

yeah.

I simply thought ranemaka13's last line and action was a perfect end of a chapter/section/location/whatever you want to call it.  I thought it was time for a new location.  I don't like the idea of calling the previous person's section a flashback or a dream sequence because you didn't like it.  It's an insult to that person.

Pubrick

well, let's just apply the same logic and say that i thought ur bit was self-contained and mine was rejoining the character outside the chick's apartment. ppl who want to talk about Creed can continue ur story parallel to the one already established, and if they're good they can connect them somehow.

applying the same logic.
under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Pubrickwell, let's just apply the same logic and say that i thought ur bit was self-contained and mine was rejoining the character outside the chick's apartment. ppl who want to talk about Creed can continue ur story parallel to the one already established, and if they're good they can connect them somehow.

applying the same logic.

fine, delete my entry. i'm done.