Really...bad ideas....

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 07, 2003, 12:37:42 PM

kotte

I actually like 30 Odd Foot of Grunts...  :oops:

freakerdude

I think we already knows what happens when most music celebrities (notice I did not say musicians) attempt to become actors:
Madonna
Lance Bass
the other "dude" from N'Suk
Vanilla Ice
Mariah Carey- hehehe
Jessica Simpson

When sports stars attempt to be music or movie celebrities:
SHAQ!
Supe Bowl shuffle
Dennis Rodman
Brian Bosworth

When actors make an ignorant attempt to become involved in music:
New Blues Bros with Akroyd and John Goodman...it can't be revived.
a big 2nd on Bruce Willis, Don Johnson, Russel Crowe, Hasselhoff, Bacon Bros., Keanu Reeves/Dogstar.

What's funny is some of these so called actor bands above actually have toured!
MC Pee Pants

tpfkabi

i actually had some of the Shaq albums. i liked him when he was at LSU and Orlando.

i have to listen to the soft rock station at work and they still play that Patrick Swayze song from Dirty Dancing almost every day. i really wonder if that's him because it seems so much deeper than his talking voice.

Gwyneth Paltrow has a duet with Huey Lewis called "cruising"(i'm guessing that's the name of it). it's pretty popular too.

the worst of all time has to be when Eddie Murphy had a singing album. there's this video of him and Micheal Jackson dancing around on clouds. Murphy's voice is so horrible........i don't know, i;'m thinking he must have spent all the money on it because i don't see any record label backing a voice like that!
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02this is the funniest thing i've ever heard...  

www.machoman.com

MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE has a new RAP album out.  if you go to his website, click on "BE A MAN" his new single, and please listen.  please

"Macho Man" Randy Savage is back! He's blowin' up the spot with his brand new album.

the funniest part of all, is that, it JUST CAME OUT a month ago!

..hhaahahhaahhaha.!!!!!! mod-age i believe your the winner that macho man song is funn in all of the worst possible ways.....you guys have got to click on that link..its hilarious.....

Pedro

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: themodernage02this is the funniest thing i've ever heard...  

www.machoman.com

MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE has a new RAP album out.  if you go to his website, click on "BE A MAN" his new single, and please listen.  please

"Macho Man" Randy Savage is back! He's blowin' up the spot with his brand new album.

the funniest part of all, is that, it JUST CAME OUT a month ago!

..hhaahahhaahhaha.!!!!!! mod-age i believe your the winner that macho man song is funn in all of the worst possible ways.....you guys have got to click on that link..its hilarious.....
it's better than donald prince.  you have any idea how much that's saying?

and better in the "worse" sense.

freakerdude

now that MM rap was just plain awful!
MC Pee Pants

modage

Quote from: freakerdudenow that MM rap was just plain awful!

actually, it was pretty good!  hahaha.  everyone needs to hear it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

If I ever started a band I would call them either...

The Swayzes
or
Stamos
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

..here's another clsassic:

this guy..was the first winner of the "wanna be a VJ" mtv show....
you guys remember him???????
i wish i could find a song link to show you all his talent.....
he looks  8) , eh?????

freakerdude

Oh yeah, Jesse the airhead.....that guy's brain was powdered toast.
MC Pee Pants

Find Your Magali

Quote from: SHAFTRIf I ever started a band I would call them either...

The Swayzes
or
Stamos

My band would be called "Throw It To Lucas!"

Gamblour.

Quote from: Vile5
bad bad bad idea

Oh man...just watch this video: http://www.hellonetwork.com/demo/toysclub/video.asp?speed=hook300

and it's not a parody.
WWPTAD?

Vile5

jesus!! i felt embarrassed for him
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

MacGuffin

Downey to Record Album on Sony Classical

Robert Downey Jr. is moving from the big screen to the music scene. The "Gothika" and "Chaplin" star has signed an exclusive recording contract with the Sony Classical label.

"Robert is a brilliantly gifted songwriter who writes lyrics that are wise and moving," Sony Classical President Peter Gelb said Wednesday in a statement. "His burnished, smoky voice is an expressive and touching medium for the songs that he has written."

Downey's debut CD, not yet titled, will include two covers "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin and "Your Move" by Yes and eight pop ballads written, sung and played on the piano by the actor.

Downey, 39, has written songs for three of his films ("Too Much Sun," "Two Girls and a Guy" and "Friends & Lovers") and sang during his 2000 stint on the TV show "Ally McBeal."

The debut CD is set for a Nov. 23 release
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thrindle

Quote from: MacGuffinDowney to Record Album on Sony Classical

Robert Downey Jr. is moving from the big screen to the music scene. The "Gothika" and "Chaplin" star has signed an exclusive recording contract with the Sony Classical label.

"Robert is a brilliantly gifted songwriter who writes lyrics that are wise and moving," Sony Classical President Peter Gelb said Wednesday in a statement. "His burnished, smoky voice is an expressive and touching medium for the songs that he has written."

Downey's debut CD, not yet titled, will include two covers "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin and "Your Move" by Yes and eight pop ballads written, sung and played on the piano by the actor.

Downey, 39, has written songs for three of his films ("Too Much Sun," "Two Girls and a Guy" and "Friends & Lovers") and sang during his 2000 stint on the TV show "Ally McBeal."

The debut CD is set for a Nov. 23 release
You know... his Joni Mitchell cover wasn't that bad...
Classic.