Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Victor

Quote from: Dirk

Again, it doesn't really remind me of the PDL mood or score. That song is very depressing, at least to me.
Motion Picture Soundtrack =  :cry:
PDL =  :kiss:

i think its a totally depressing song. pdl can definitely be a fun movie, but it has many colors. ive seen the movie and read the script a bunch of times, and it seems the better i get to know barry, the more human he becomes. and when i see that and can relate to it, the story becomes so much more than it was the first few times. i think barry is much much darker than he lets on, he's a very depressing character, theres so much going on in his head thats only being hinted at. And this song just reminds me of it whenever I hear it.
are you gonna eat with us too?

moonshiner

Kid A/Amnesiac is like Pink Floyd because you have to be in a certain state of mind to enjoy it, these aren't cds you can just put in your cd player....the lyrics are very simple, very pretentious, but i don't think the lyrics were the point, the "experimental" music is the point. That brings us to the ultimate struggle...if you continuously use the same formula you are criticized as being uncreative, if you completely change gears and do something different, you're being pretentious and too experimental...bottom line, Radiohead are artists[/quote]
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Dirk

Latest news concerning their new album: Tentative release date of sometime in June and titled "2 + 2 = 5" or "Are You Listening?"
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

SHAFTR

2 + 2 = 5

and the Orwell 1984 similiarities continue....
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Film Student

Quote from: bluejaytwist
kid a/amnesiac/radiohead is much like tool in the sense that you wont like it until you are in a time in your life where it all starts to make sense.

Wow, I think I just creamed my pants for bluejaytwist.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Sleuth

I find Kid A and Amnesiac to be my favorite of their material
I like to hug dogs

xerxes

moonshiner

the bends is still my favorite....but about ten years down the road their catalog will be such that we'll all have to say that we don't have a favorite...and we'll all sound like beatles' snobs
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

scr33nwritr

Amnesiac for me is one of those defining albums. It has such an Etheral feel too it which takes me into myself when I listen to it. Then again I have been a very big fan of Ambient for quite sometime and it definitely puts off that vibe.

Kid Rock is a poor excuse of an "Artist"
There is no passion without torment as there is no torment without passion.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: scr33nwritrAmnesiac for me is one of those defining albums. It has such an Etheral feel too it which takes me into myself when I listen to it. Then again I have been a very big fan of Ambient for quite sometime and it definitely puts off that vibe.

I'm loving Amnesiac more and more every time I hear it, but I think OK Computer is still my favorite.

Remember when we did this favorite songs from each album thing? Let's do it again:

Amnesiac: Life in a Glass House / I Might Be Wrong

Kid A: Idioteque

OK Computer: Karma Police

The Bends: Planet Telex

Pablo Honey: Creep

b-sides: Polyethylene

xerxes

amnesiac: like spinning plates
kid a: how to disappear completely/ idioteque
ok computer: subterranean homesick alien/ exit music
the bends: fake plastic trees
pablo honey: thinking about you
b-sides: a reminder

Sleuth

amnesiac: You And Whose Army?
kid a: Idioteque
ok computer: Lucky
the bends:  Fake Plastic Trees
pablo honey: Creep
b-sides: FOG(studio version)
I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManI just want to add this...

In the "You aint ever met a mother fucker quite like me" Kid Rock video, he wipes his ass with Toilet paper that read's "RADIOHEAD."

hehe :twisted:

i wish i could buy some of that toilet paper

jtm

Just came across this on MCA records website.  I'm lookin forward to it.

Sigur Ros and Radiohead
by MCA Records
From the LA Times: Radiohead and Sigur Ros are planning to merge their ambitious musical aesthetics to collaborate on a score for a new piece by the Merce Cunningham Dance Company scheduled to premiere in October at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Meanwhile, a DVD of videos done for Sigur Ros' music, including the short film "Untitled #1," directed by Floria Sigismondi and premiered at the recent Sundance Film Festival, will be released in the spring...