Ted Griffin

Started by El Duderino, May 18, 2004, 01:44:20 PM

El Duderino

Source: Variety

Kevin Costner is in talks to play the male equivalent of Mrs. Robinson in the Warner Bros. comedy that advances the storyline of '60s pic "The Graduate."

Jennifer Aniston is already set to play the young woman seduced by Costner's character. Shirley MacLaine will play her grandmother, the woman who inspired the character immortalized by Anne Bancroft.

"Ocean's Eleven" scribe, Ted Griffin wrote and will make his directorial debut on the as-yet-untitled pic. Section 8's Steven Soderbergh and George Clooney are producing with Paula Weinstein.

Story concerns a young woman who puts her marriage plans on the shelf so she can return home to Pasadena and unravel family secrets. She has discovered that "The Graduate" was probably based on her family, her grandmother was Mrs. Robinson and she doesn't know her real father.

Shooting is scheduled to start in the summer.

i think it's cool that Ted is starting to direct. He's a great writer and i'm excited to see if his directing's any good
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

SoNowThen

Robert Altman predicts the future....

the seventh seal has opened.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ono

The ultimate exercise in suspension of disbelief: believing even for a second that someone as beautiful as Aniston would ever be interested in Costner.  Icky.

El Duderino

i hope Costner doesnt have a really poorly done accent in this one. (see also: Thirteen Days, Robin Hood)

matt35mm

Jennifer Aniston isn't really a "young woman."  Women her age getting with guys Costner's age isn't really that strange at all these days.  Happens all the time.

But I agree with Onomatopita... she's too hot to get with Costner.  Oh wait, except that have you SEEN Costner's fiancee??  She's something like 28 and a superhottie... so ya never know.

El Duderino

Quote from: matt35mm
have you SEEN Costner's fiancee??  She's something like 28 and a superhottie... so ya never know.

she's alright...i'd much rather do Jennifer

Gold Trumpet

This has potential. Ocean's Eleven was very well written and the idea that the sequel to The Graduate - a break through film whether you like it or not - will be a comedy just opens up so many avenues for the film to explore. And not only is Costner is a personal favorite of mine, but he's gold for good comedy writing. He's classic in the leading man charm and very versatile in acting of facial mannerisms very much used in comedies. Tin Cup is a perfect example. Shock of all shocks, but I'm really excited for this.

matt35mm

Quote from: El Duderino

she's alright...i'd much rather do Jennifer

Me too, but when if I get to have someone like that by my side when I'm Costner's age, I'd be... (sniff, sniff) finally HAPPY!

EDIT:  Plus I actually thought she was hotter than she looks in that picture.  She does look a little "airheaded Barbie-ish" in that one.  But still, my point stands.

SiliasRuby

This definitely sounds intriguing.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Quote from: El Duderinoshe's alright...i'd much rather do Jennifer
Quote from: SiliasRubyThis definitely sounds intriguing.
what, duderino doing jennifer aniston?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Reiner on way to take over Griffin project

Rob Reiner is stepping in to replace Ted Griffin as director of Warner Bros. Pictures' update of "The Graduate." After just one week of principal photography, Griffin, a screenwriter who was making his directorial debut on the project, is being replaced, with Reiner in negotiations to take over the reins on what has been called the untitled Ted Griffin project. The studio has shut down filming, which it plans to resume Aug. 18. Griffin wrote the script for the romantic comedy, which centers on a young woman (Jennifer Aniston) who discovers that her grandmother (Shirley MacLaine) was the basis for the character of Mrs. Robinson in the 1967 film "The Graduate." The cast also includes Mark Ruffalo, Mena Suvari and Kevin Costner.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Yeah I read about that last night.  I was interested in this movie until now.

... If only 80's/early 90's Rob Reiner were directing...