THE MARS VOLTA---> AMAZING

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 03, 2003, 10:05:26 PM

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarI can't wait for March 1st

but you did. I'm sure there is a connection between the head and the missing head. I thought about it myself.

Gamblour.

Listening to it right now....good lord, that opening track is killer. L'Via L'Viaquez is great, long and latin. We just started Miranda That Ghost....
WWPTAD?

Stefen

Damn, I wish I could hear this album again for the first time while being stoned again.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

I'm pretty sure your world would shatter and your brain would explode.
WWPTAD?

Gamblour.

So what the hell? New album, five pages, but no one's talking about how their heads have exploded??? Well maybe that makes sense that no one has posted then....

This album is amazing. It was brilliant how the released The Widow in advance, which I loved, because it sounded like Deloused. But now, I hate that song. Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus is absolutely unreal, there's funk, an ominous chorus yelling "Nino Preparte", fucked up time changes, uncountable rhythms, hints of 70s rock, so much salsa. And goddamn the harmonies on "Who do you trust" just kills me. The part with the guitar and the drums hitting: 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 5, 1 , 2, 1, 5, repeat. What kind of crazy fucks play something like that? The fuzz bass reminds of BOLA Rage Against the Machine, what a great feeling, especially since Omar sounds like Zach de la Rocha. Then it all goes quiet. But it comes back.

The Widow....eh. They've moved far past this.

L'Via l'viaquez.....SALSA! Geez, it's funny it sounds like a pop song almost, Zeppelin music to start, Spanish vocals "L'Via!", and the Latin keyboards. Then BANG a slooooooow Latin breakdown with great percussion. But then we're back again. Also, there's a gong in there too, who can beat that shit?

Miranda....really slow, but the vocals are beautiful.

Cassandra Geminni....30 minutes long, a masterpiece only a bunch of crazies could come up with. And it's still a song across all those 30 minutes. "No, there's no light" is so fucking catchy I could listen to it forever, and luckily the second-to-last track has just that. This has the best time signatures of all the songs, 4/4, 5/8, 4/4, 3/4, 7/8, 9/8. Then there's that progression with the strings that sounds like it came out of a James Bond flick. I hate the speaking lyrics, they're creepy as shit. Then they break out all their progrock shit, it sounds like Tool, Rush, Zeppelin, its awesome. And then it ends the same way it began.

Anyone?
WWPTAD?

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarAnyone?
what?

Stefen

Gamblor and I are the only people alive on this board it seems.

The album is fantastic.

I purchased a copy of it, but I had been listening to it since mid december in different audio qualities. Miranda is proably my favorite track right now, i love it and can't get enough of it. It works so much better now that I know the lyrics. The album seems like a concept album with a woman being born "An abortion that survived, lineage of bastard mastacation" then carries on with her life in the widow and Miranda and then she goes ballistic and thats the last track of 30 minute goodness. It's like a movie on wax. Plus it has Flea on trumpet, how can you not like that? It's so different than De-Loused and might come off as a bit pretensious but it works so no complaints here. De-Loused sounded better I think with the Rick Rubin production, but the content of this album is just so much better than De-Loused.

Oh yeah, have you guys heard the song "Frances The Mute"? It's not on the album and is supposedly going to be released as a standalone EP and I guess it's supposed to serve as a decoder for Frances The Mute the album. The lyrics are on the cd case of Frances The Mute. It's a killer song, reminds me a bit of ATDI. But I can't make sense of any of it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: StefenDamn, I wish I could hear this album again for the first time while being stoned again.

amen

socketlevel

Quote from: StefenGamblor and I are the only people alive on this board it seems.

not true, i was just mentally masterbating to the album over and over i couldn't drag myself back to the computer for the last week.

good analysis gamblor, that shit dominates my mind too.  Stefen i haven't listened to it stoned yet, that shit will happen when i've almost had enough of it; to rejuvenate my love for it.

man i love the album cover so much, i found this pic online that seems to be some kind of inspiration.

MAN!  Stefen, what the fuck is this ep thing?  i'm all over it!  tell me where to find it online.

oh ya, if any of you silly fucks are up in toronto, i'll see you at the show on april 13th at the warehouse.  it's on.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

RegularKarate

yeah... it's worth a listen... but it shatters nothing

Gamblour.

Quote from: RegularKarateyeah... it's worth a listen... but it shatters nothing

I think you're in denial. Your brain is so shattered it can't comprehend that it is.

I have my ticket to the Atlanta show April 29th at the Tabernacle. Going with buds, should be great.

And I found a torrent of Frances the Mute the song. I really wish they had cut some of the bullshit white noise in favor of this song. It's great, would've made the album that much better.
WWPTAD?

socketlevel

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarAnd I found a torrent of Frances the Mute the song. I really wish they had cut some of the bullshit white noise in favor of this song. It's great, would've made the album that much better.

i've looked on isohunt and can't find it. what site you use?  the ep makes sense cause originally i heard that it was going to be a double album.  maybe what's on it is what didn't make the cut... well now that i think about it, obviously it is...

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Stefen

Here, I yousended Frances The Mute the single.

http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AKS8UAXP29BN1O45VIY4TF9LK

I like it, the only part I don't like is the first 4 minutes cause it's really unnecessary noise. But it rocks and the acoustic parts are really good.

Gamblour.

Have y'all heard how it's supposed to be the "decoder" song for the whole album? I dunno, sounds kinda dumb. How does it decode anything? Lyrically?

Anyhow, the vocals are the most beautiful on this song.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

Yeah, the decode shit is a bunch of pocket protector anime stuff, but the songs good, and I guess thats all that matters. *fixes glasses*