Ever Met Any Bands?

Started by modage, June 19, 2003, 01:25:38 PM

puddnanners

THis is kind of a funny story (one of my friends was left in stitches after I told him, but he was really high at the time)  I went to a movie with one of my friends, and when we walked out of the theater, there was a big snow storm (this is back around christmas) and several people were having all sorts of trouble getting out of the parking lot, but my friend has a jeep and he drove so we were golden.  Anyway, this group of young guys came up to us and introduced themselves as the band A Simple Plan, and said that they needed a ride to there hotel room because their bus couldn't make it over to the theater (they were in town because they had a show at a local club the next day).  Well, my friend knew about their show the next day, and because he is an idiot, he thought they meant they would need a ride to their hotel room the next day after their show got out (he is really dumb).  Well, my friend just happened to be going out of town the next day, so when they asked for a ride, he said no because he was going to be out of town.  In simpler terms, the talk went like this:

A simple plan:  (after introducing themselves)  Hey, can we get a lift back to our hotel room, we will give you tickets to our show if you could help us out

My friend:  no, I am going to be out of town

Basically, it was like my friend was being a sarcastic asshole, and just didn't want to give them a ride.  That's the only band i have met i think.

jokerspath

Quote from: puddnannersA simple plan:  (after introducing themselves)  Hey, can we get a lift back to our hotel room, we will give you tickets to our show if you could help us out.
My friend:  no, I am going to be out of town

This is definitely funny.  I kinda wished ASP just walked off into the snow and were never found as a direct result...

In my youth I was able to meet The Wailers Band, which to a Bob Marley-obsessed person, meant more than anything.  

There used to be a big concert in my town each year and I met all sorts of random people there when I was a kid: Billy Joel, Paul Simon (both locals to my town), Kris Kristofferson, Chevy Chase, Colin Powell (weird combo), and my personal favorite, Mr. James Brown, who signed my ticket stub ("I feel good, James Brown").  Good times...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

rustinglass

There is a huge portuguese band called Os Delfins and the lead singer, Miguel Ângelo was on the seat in front of me on a plane to Lisbon.

My sister played in a band a while ago...they didn't even record anything.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

OmegaSlacker

I met Sum 41 when they were in the Detroit area for the Warped Tour a couple years back (I was only there to see The Dropkick Murphys, I swear!).

Anyway, my friend's sister's friend (Ferris Buller anyone?), who we all went with, her mom worked at the venue and we got "backstage." Since the show was outside, backstage was were all the vans were parked.

Not a fan of their music, but they're cool guys.
When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns." But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Raikus

Here's my short list:

Sister Hazel
Social Burn
Flickerstick

But my crowning achievement is to have kissed Jewel's hand (pre-Intuition phase).
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

Quote from: RaikusBut my crowning achievement is to have kissed Jewel's hand (pre-Intuition phase).
were they small?

:yabbse-undecided:

i'm jealous tho, u can tell she's into freaky shit.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Quote from: P
Quote from: RaikusBut my crowning achievement is to have kissed Jewel's hand (pre-Intuition phase).
were they small?
Yes, but I'm also 6'3" so probably not the best judge of what passes for small, average and large.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

Quote from: RaikusYes, but I'm also 6'3" so probably not the best judge of what passes for small, average and large.

wait, are we still talking about hands?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Raikus

Yes.

Otherwise I would have said, "Nice and supple."

***beady***

I've met 'The fun Lovin' Criminals'. And does anyone remember  'Spoldge'?