Sylvester Stallone

Started by El Duderino, May 20, 2004, 07:49:26 PM

El Duderino

IMO, excluding Rocky, he sucks.

Stallone introduces new health food line
Source: EW

''Yo, Adrian, bring me some pudding!'' OK, Rocky Balboa never said that, but he might have, had he gone to a GNC store to buy Sylvester Stallone's new line of nutrition products, called ''Instone.'' At a press conference on Wednesday at New York's Planet Hollywood restaurant, Reuters reports, the star of the ''Rocky'' and ''Rambo'' franchises announced the introduction of his new health food products, including energy capsules, protein shakes, and a low-carb pudding called ''Intake Go.'' ''I feel young again,'' the 57-year-old actor said while eating some of the pudding. ''I wish my mother had made me this.''

Stallone said he was inspired to create the Instone products (which will be available exclusively at GNC outlets starting next month) seven years ago, when he was taking off the 44 pounds he'd gained to play a slow-moving sheriff in ''Copland.'' The shakes will come with a fitness DVD starring Stallone. Most of the products, however, will be suitable for anybody, not just bodybuilders and dieters, he said. ''I wake up in the morning and I literally make this for my kids because they enjoy it.''

Stallone is in New York scouring gyms for amateur boxers to star in his upcoming reality competition, ''The Contender,'' due next season on NBC. No word on whether the boxers will be filmed drinking Instone shakes, or whether the pudding will come in a Rocky Road flavor.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: El DuderinoIMO, excluding Rocky, he sucks.

:shock: ....HOW DARE YOU SASS TALK ABOUT MY MAN LIKE DAT!!!!!

...........buy the soon to be released cop land SE..and i love rocky four..james brown, and the evil russian...oh!!, sweet american chivalry..... :boxing:

El Duderino

have you seen spy kids 3D? :splat:  i have a little brother

NEON MERCURY

for every spy kid 3D.there lies "tango and cash".....and "over the top"

and Rambo :guns:

El Duderino

Kal

and 5 Rockys... and Demolition Man

SoNowThen

"Cup the balls, call me Sly."
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Why do we have this thread

Pubrick

this should've gone in stupid news items.

i'm no expert, but i'm pretty sure Mac doesn't post EVERY article he comes accross, u know?
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Perhaps from now on we should just make it a habit to look at fark.com and bypass the postings here?

MacGuffin

Stallone to star in 'Expendables'
Actor will also direct action film
Source: Variety

Sylvester Stallone is set to star in and helm "The Expendables" for Nu Image/Millennium Films.

Stallone, who also penned the script, will be joined onscreen by Jason Statham, while Jet Li is in final negotiations to join the actioner.

Pic follows a team of mercenaries on a mission to overthrow a South American dictator. Lensing starts in February in Costa Rica and Louisiana.

Producers are Avi Lerner, John Thompson and Kevin King Templeton. Boaz Davidson, Trevor Short and Danny Dimbort exec produce.

Stallone joined forces with Nu Image/Millennium on the latest "Rambo," which he also helmed and co-wrote.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Stallone readies for fifth 'Rambo'
Nu Image/Millennium Films greenlights pic
Source: Variety

John Rambo's officially readying for a fifth mission.

Nu Image/Millennium Films has greenlit the franchise's fifth installment, with Sylvester Stallone starring and directing, repeating his duties from 2008's "Rambo."

The upcoming project's storyline revolves around Rambo fighting his way through human traffickers and drug lords to rescue a young girl abducted near the U.S.-Mexico border. Production will start in the spring.

The film will be produced by Avi Lerner, Kevin King Templeton and John Thompson. Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short and Boaz Davidson will exec produce.

Stallone had indicated in interviews that a fifth Rambo was in the works. He teamed with Nu Image/Millennium on the 2008 project, which grossed $42 million domestically and $113 million overseas.

Nu Image/Millennium is in post-production on "Expendables," starring Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li and Mickey Rourke. The actioner's set for release on April 23 through Lionsgate.

Rambo first appeared in the 1982 pic "First Blood," followed in 1985 by "First Blood II" and in 1988 by "Rambo III."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Stallone Says Rambo V Won't Happen
Excl: Director says he's '99% sure'
Source: Empire Online

For a while now, there have been all sorts of rumours about Rambo V. It's a sci-fi. No, it's a straight-up Rambo flick, where Sylvester Stallone's one-man army takes on all-comers and shoots them into the middle of next week. No, it's this. No, it's that.

So, when we spoke to Stallone exclusively for our cover feature on The Expendables, we took the time to ask him for the definitive take on the fifth big-screen adventure of the taciturn warrior, and discovered that it's none of the above.

In fact, it's not going to happen at all.

"I think Rambo's pretty well done. I don't think there'll be any more. I'm about 99% sure," said Stallone, which comes as something of a surprise. After all, Rambo V was considered to be something of an inevitability after the last movie, the ultra-violent Rambo, made $113 million worldwide in 2008. But The Expendables has made Sly think long and hard about his future; and Rambo doesn't feature in it.

"I was going to do it," he said. "I said I'd never talk about this, but with I feel that with Rocky Balboa, that character came complete circle. He went home. But for Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don't want that to happen.

"I'm very happy with the last Burmese episode, because I didn't pull any punches on it," he continued. "I wanted it to be what civil war really is – rough. You can't candy coat it, and where do you go from there? So that's [Rambo V] going to go."

Stallone's not done with Rambo completely, though. He told Empire that he's at work on a director's cut of Rambo which will restore twelve minutes to the movie, including a surprising outburst of loquaciousness for the mumbling man of action at the movie's beginning.

"He does a speech at the beginning of the movie to Julie Benz where he lays out why his life has been a complete disappointment and why war is natural and peace is an accident," added Stallone. "And how he just feels that his life has been a waste. It's very important to hear that and I didn't think so at the time. I'm going to go back and put in some stuff."

Skeleton FilmWorks