Sony DCR-TRV950

Started by zerocool41, June 01, 2003, 04:57:41 PM

zerocool41

Hey all.  For my first film i don't want to break the bank if i don't have to, but i do want a 3 chip.  This one i can get for 1650 which is significantly lower to the GL2's 2799 price.  

What doesn't this camera have that i need for my film?  I ask you please.  I mean, i really don't have the money to invest in a gl2 or xl1s right now.  I still have to get premiere and stuff.  

So is there anything about this camera i should know?  Will it have less of an image quality?  Does it beat out every non 3ccd camera out there? and does it come very close to the top 3 ccd cameras?

Help!!!
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

Recce

I don't know anything about that particular model, but if you're willing to spend that much, you might wanna look at eBay. You might get lucky and find an XL1 for the same price.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

aclockworkjj

The camera isn't all that bad....but I would go the EBay route as well.  It's probably the best you can get for taping little Johnny's soccer game, but sounds like you are looking for more.  Biggest thing I hate about it....you can not control the zoom handle....it is pressure based.  Meaning the harder you push on the button the faster the zoom is.  It's very sensative, and not worth the headache.  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice little camera, but I would not rely on it if I was shooting something worth while.  For what you wanna spend on it, buy a better used camera, as I think you will not find the 950 worth the price tag.